It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• If you are Type O, eat meat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2001, 03:08 PM   #1
    starquest11

starquest11 HB User
    Post If you are Type O, eat meat

Or at least think about it. I was a vegan and then occasional fish eater for about 15 years and I can honestly say that I felt horrible-- depressed, lethargic, totally lacking in enthusiasm or glee. My partial vegetarian years were riddled by emotional and weight problems-- they were a total nightmare.

I flipped through Eat Right For Your Type a few years ago and lightbulbs immediately went on. I knew that I needed red meat instantly.
    I ate a little in '99 and 2000 and have recently committed to eating it on a regular basis for health reasons.

It's time to get out of the box. For too long people have been misinformed about meat. The bottom line is, if you have Type O blood and want a svelte figure, lean muscle, and a good attitude, you're going to have to eat meat.
    I tried to get lean and healthy for 10 years on tofu and it never happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to starquest11 For This Useful Post:
    stardjo22 (08-24-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
    arkie6
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

arkie6 HB User
    Question

I agree with the bloodtype diet to a certain extent. I'm B+ and it still recommends a diet heavy on the meat plus dairy. I've been on the low carb diet (lots of meat and green vegetables) for almost 3 years and have been very successful in losing weight and improving my overall health. The one question that I have with Eat Right for Your Type is that he doesn't recommend pork for any bloodtype but never really states why. Does anyone out there know why?

------------------
    Alan
    "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian."
    "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

The Following User Says Thank You to arkie6 For This Useful Post:
    stardjo22 (08-24-2011)
    Old 02-04-2001, 07:30 AM   #3
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Thumbs up

Hi,
    There are several good sites that many people had questions about Blood Type Living. One is: [url="http://www.er4yt.org"]http://www.er4yt.org[/url] and there are others.
    Pork reacts immunalogically with A-Type and should be an avoid for all types.It has an antibody in it that reacts with 'A' antigen so should be avoided for the rest. The logic is at times very difficult to understand.I am sure that some of it has merit. If you eat like the book recommends and it improves your health--then do it. There are alot things we don't understand in this world but use daily.
    Take Care---Harry

Old 02-25-2001, 06:33 PM   #4
    skatyh

skatyh HB User
    Eating is such a personal thing. For years I have never been able to eat carbos. I bloat, gain weight, crave sweets, whenever I eat carbos including complex ones. I had been so sure I was Type O and this was consistent with the "4 your type" diet. My daughter on the other hand has never been able to eat meat (digestive problems) and at 13 became a vegetarian. She thrives on complex carbos and is slim and healthy. This past month we both had our blood typed and I received the surprise of my life. I am Type A and so is my daughter. And yet we both do well on totally different food regiments. Maybe we are not the norm but just wanted to post for those of you that don't do well according to your "type".

Old 03-01-2001, 11:06 AM   #5
    joaniegirl

joaniegirl HB User
    Thumbs down

I'm sorry folks but the Blood Type Diet is complete bunk.
    The person who says they are "feeling better" now that they are eating meat is probably finally managing to get the protein they've been lacking into their diet.
    This diet -- in the words of Dr. Andrew Weil -- "Is the diet that has received the most attention with the least amount of research and evidence to back it up".
    If you want to be trim and healthy, eat a low calorie, balanced diet...and EXERCISE!!!
    Sure that doesnt mean you can't eat some meat -- but eating TONS of it only makes you a target for all kinds of illnesses, most notably cancer.

The Following User Says Thank You to joaniegirl For This Useful Post:
    stardjo22 (08-24-2011)
    Old 03-02-2001, 06:40 AM   #6
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User
    I take your point, joaniegirl. But, there may be little research to support its claims, but I take it that means there is also no research disproving its claims. For the record, I am not a strong proponent of this eating plan, it is just that over the years I have heard many things called "bunk" only to see a reversal of opinion later on.

Closed Thread