It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Has anyone tried Somersizing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #1
    CC

CC HB User
    Question Has anyone tried Somersizing?

I am going to start Somersizing in the next couple of days and would like to know if anyone had results on this plan? Any comments are welcomed. Thanks.
    CC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2001, 03:05 PM   #2
    jete

jete HB User
    Hi, i just saw a book yesterday about this too. has anyone tried it? any successful experience??

Old 06-08-2001, 06:17 PM   #3
    Nel814
    (female)

Nel814 HB User
    My husband and I have been SSing for two months. I haven't really lost yet, been diddling back and forth with the same two pounds. My husband has lost ten pounds and doesn't need to. He is on level two and is fine there.
    In my case, I have cholesterol issues as well as really whacked out hormones due to perimenopause. But I eat like a horse and haven't gained weight. Plus the food is terrific.
    Get your cholesterol checked before you start so you have a baseline, if you suspect it or if you have a genetic disposition.
    I started SSing with the goal of weight loss but with the promise that it would lower my cholesterol. It takes time.
    But otherwise, I feel great! My skin is happy and I don't miss any of the no-no's.
    My husband has renewed "vigor", if you know what I mean, he says he feels like a kid again... And he loves the food too. His cholesterol has gone down since we started.
    If you want some more support and ideas from people who have been doing it for a while, go to
    [url="http://www.suzannesomers.com"]www.suzannesomers.com[/url]

and register for the discussion boards. It's a wonderful community.

Nel

[This message has been edited by Nel814 (edited 06-15-2001).]

Old 06-08-2001, 06:54 PM   #4
    arkie6
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

arkie6 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Nel814:
    In my case, I have cholesterol issues as well as really whacked out hormones due to perimenopause.
    With the hormone issues, you might want to checkout John Lee's book "What your doctor may not tell you about Premenopause". He recommends the use of natural progesterone cream to supplement your reduced production of progesterone. And the reason you may not be losing any weight is because of the hormonal imbalance of too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. It's something worth investigating.

Old 06-14-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
    BLM

BLM HB User
    I have just gone to SS website and looked at some of the recipes. I am not familiar with Somersizing, but seems like thes recipes have lots of "bad" stuff in them, like they are loaded with cheese, eggs and high fat items. Wouldn't this be bad for cholosterol. But the recipes did sound great and I may try to adapt some of them to where I feel they are more healthy.

Thanks

Old 06-15-2001, 12:38 PM   #6
    Nel814
    (female)

Nel814 HB User
    My cholesterol is way down...I have a home testing machine. And yes, arkie, I have the book and started using the cream 6-1-01. It has helped tremendously.
    BLM, the thing about cheese and eggs is that fatty foods do not cause high cholesterol...sugar does. What!? You say! Yup, without going into a long detailed thing, when you ingest a bunch of sugar, beer, carrots, fruit, potatoes, bread, pasta, or any other substance (caffiene, cigarettes, alcohol, aspartame, stress) that spikes your insulin response, your liver then starts to make cholesterol. So if you eat whole foods, lower your simple carb/sugar intake and increase your dietary cholesterol intake, your body heals itself and stops overloading its cholesterol manufacturing. Fat and protein don't cause insulin to be released. So a hi-protein, low starch, low sugar diet is more productive for weight loss. You still need non-starchy vegetables and a moderate amount of fruit to keep it healthy. Atkins diet, for instance, could lead to the body releasing loads of ketones in the urine. Plus the veggies and fruit keep things regular.
    That is as simple as I can break it down right now.

Nel

PS arkie, I'm waiting fot the results on my saliva test. Probably next week.

[This message has been edited by Nel814 (edited 06-15-2001).]

Closed Thread