It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• 16 PLant Macerat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2001, 07:32 PM   #31
    dratgoed

dratgoed HB User
    Exclamation

An interesting thing has happened to me... I was doing great - lost 7 pounds. (See my previous message...) Then, when the monthly hormonal stuff hit, I gained it all back and have not lost any weight since (one week later). I am back at ground zero on poundage according to the scale. The odd thing, though, is that I have not gained the SIZE back. I am still a size smaller than when I started and my stretch marks are not coming back. Guess I will wait and see...
    BTW - Dear ANP and badams5555,
    Good luck on the Metabolite. I can't take it or others like it - ever seen Beavis after a pot of cappucino? That's me on any of those. I was taking it and couldn't even type on my computer I was shaking so bad. I am not knocking the product, though. My husband lost weight (at least until he stopped taking it), and I have a friend that lost 70 pounds on it. Wish you the best... DRR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2001, 09:30 AM   #32
    badams5555

badams5555 HB User
    BRR HEY YOU WILL START LOSING IT AGAIN. IT SUCKS WHEN YOU LOSE SOME AND THEN SOMETHING GETS IN THE WAY AND YOU HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN. I STILL HAVENT STARTED METABOLITE YET BUT THANX FOR THE INFO. I WILL LOOK OUT FOR THAT WHEN I DO START. A FRIEND OF MINE LOST LIKE 25 LBS WITH IT. ANP HOWS IT GOING WITH YOU?

Old 04-27-2001, 09:05 PM   #33
    ANP

ANP HB User
    Smile

HEY BADAMS555,
    THINGS ARE GOING OK.A LITTLE STRESSED.MY HUSBAND JUST TOLD ME THAT WE ARE GONNA POSTPONE OUR DAYTONA BEACH VACATION. THAT'S THE REASON I WAS WORKING SO HARD AT LOSING THE WEIGHT. SO FAR, I AM DOWN 20 LBS IN 4 WEEKS. I HAVEN'T LOST AT ALL THIS WEEK YET. A LITTLE FRUSTRATING, BUT I REALLY HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING EITHER.STARTING TOMORROW I AM GONNA GET BACK ON THE BANDWAGON. MY FRIEND IS GETTTING MARRIED AT THE END OF SUMMER, AND I WANT TO BE A SKINNY MINNY IN MY BRIDESMAID DRESS.LOL..... SO ANYWAY, I THINK 20 LBS IN ONE MONTH IS GOOD ENOUGH. MAYBE NEXT MONTH WILL BE ANOTHER 20, THEN ONLY 20 MORE AFTER THAT TO REACH MY GOAL. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DIET. LET ME KNOW HOW IT IS GOING.

Old 04-28-2001, 08:15 AM   #34
    arkie6
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

arkie6 HB User
    ANP,

I don't want to discourage you, but a sustained loss of 20 lbs. per month or 5 pounds per week is not likely beyond that initial month. While you might be able to do that the first month, which is due in part to fluid loss, it's not likely you will be able to keep up that pace. For one thing, you already lost the excess fluid. A more realistic goal is 1 to 2 pounds of fat loss per week. If you are losing much faster than that then the extra is probably muscle tissue which you don't want to lose. Make sure you are getting adequate protein in your diet to prevent muscle wasting. And don't watch those scales, which I know is hard not to do, but use a measuring tape instead. It's the inches you are really interested in losing right? Who cares how much the scales say if you can fit in the clothes that you want to wear.

Good luck!

Alan

Old 04-29-2001, 07:54 PM   #35
    ANP

ANP HB User
    Talking

HI ALAN,
    THANKS FOR THE CONCERN... I KNOW NOT A REALISTIC GOAL. I'VE BEEN DOING THE LOW CARB THING,SO I AM DEFINITELY GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN AND VEGGIES. I EXERCISE ON A DAILY BASIS AND HAVE BEEN DRINKING TONS OF WATER.
    AND I HAVE CUT MY CALORIES DOWN QUITE A BIT FROM MY PREVIOUS EATING HABITS. I HAVE NOTICED A SLOW DOWN, BUT I ALSO TOOK A LITTLE BREAK FROM THE STRICT DIETING. I JUST FEEL SOOOOO MUCH BETTER SINCE LOSING THE 20 LBS, I FEEL GOOD WHEN I PUT ON NEW CLOTHES THAT I JUST BOUGHT THAT ARE 2 SIZES SMALLER THAN WHAT I USED TO WEAR. IT'S ALL IN THE ATTITUDE. I WILL TRY FOR THAT 20 LBS NEXT MONTH, BUT IF I DON'T DO IT, OH WELL, IT WILL COME OFF EVENTUALLY. AND I AM JUST HAPPY TO BE LOSING ANYTHING. THANKS FOR THE TALK. AMY

Old 05-02-2001, 09:16 PM   #36
    postalpamela

postalpamela HB User
    I just got my two different bottles in the mail, and I am very confused! Nowhere does it say in the very VAGUE instructions which of the two bottles I am supposed to put into water. Do I use both, 2 drops of each for each 2 lbs I want to use? Someone please clarify this for me, thanks!

Old 05-04-2001, 08:16 AM   #37
    swim_nut

swim_nut HB User
    Wink

BAFAMS5555 - Beware of Metabolife, I tried it for three weeks, lost ~15 lbs. and then missed work for two days with horrible stomache cramps. I stayed off it for a month and then tried it again and within two days the cramps were back.
    I came searching about the Macerat 16-plant extract, my husband brought home the add and suggested I try it. After all the negative adds I've resigned myself to the fact that losing weight is just not easy. Any quickie solution usually comes with a price - and I'd rather be basically healthy and 50 lbs over weight than have my health jeopardized.
    For me, drinking a large glass of water before every meal has been great. I haven't been eating anything different but the weight is coming off. I can't eat as much because I feel full and the additional water helps my digestion and my skin.
    If you are serious about wanting the pounds to come off - you know what works - eating healthy food in reasonable quantities and exercise.
    Good luck.

Old 05-07-2001, 06:09 PM   #38
    Midajah

Midajah HB User
    Mariah Lynn,
    Are you still using Plant Macerat? How much have you lost as of today?

Old 05-07-2001, 08:33 PM   #39
    postalpamela

postalpamela HB User
    I haven't started using the plant macerat yet as I can't figure out the instructions. All I want to know is how many drops and from which bottle? I am not impressed so far by this company as they have no way to contact them and the instructions are an absolute joke!

Old 05-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #40
    badams5555

badams5555 HB User
    Thumbs up

ANP Great Job. It always helps to have an incentive to lose weight bessides being over-weight. I have lost about 19 lbs. in 3 1/2 weeks. I am drinking a lot of water which I never did before. It is nice when some weight comes off. Keep up the good work. The rest will come off.

Swim-nut Thanx for the advice. I never got Metabolife but I don take something called Vitachraomalean. I dont know if it is helping but as you can see with what I told ANP the water is helping alot as wqell. No stocach cramps yet. Been taking it about 2 weeks or so. It comes from Nature's Gifts. I found it on clearance at Publix but can't find it anywhere else. I hope I can when I run out.But, your right. I think the only way is the hard way. Good Luck.

Old 05-11-2001, 11:03 AM   #41
    dratgoed

dratgoed HB User
    Unhappy

Quote:
    Originally posted by badams5555:
    BRR HEY YOU WILL START LOSING IT AGAIN. IT SUCKS WHEN YOU LOSE SOME AND THEN SOMETHING GETS IN THE WAY AND YOU HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN. I STILL HAVENT STARTED METABOLITE YET BUT THANX FOR THE INFO. I WILL LOOK OUT FOR THAT WHEN I DO START. A FRIEND OF MINE LOST LIKE 25 LBS WITH IT. ANP HOWS IT GOING WITH YOU?
    Thanks for the encouragement. The problem is that even on this program, I lose and gain the same 5-7 pounds. I still have not gained back the bit of size I lost, though - just not losing any more... I started the second set of bottles this morning and checked on a women's only gym down the street from me. I know there's no magic pill, I'm just really crunched for time between my day job, my business, and school, and need a jumpstart on the 50 pounds I have to lose... DRR :>(

Old 05-12-2001, 04:11 PM   #42
    Midajah

Midajah HB User
    Question

Dear Dratgoed,
    How much have you lost now? Have you achieved your goals? How many bottles did you order? What is the correct way to take the liquids? Have you maintained your weight loss? What is your height and weight, if you do not mind sharing that information? Thanks a million!

Old 05-16-2001, 11:30 AM   #43
    dratgoed

dratgoed HB User
    Dear Midajah,
    I lost one dress size (and my breasts are firmer). However, I seem to not lose weight. I keep losing the same 5-7 lbs., and then gaining it back again when the hormone stuff hits. I am on the second set of bottles now...
    I will take this until I finish it, but I am about to join a gym down the street...
    DRR

Old 06-03-2001, 12:34 PM   #44
    Midajah

Midajah HB User
    Wink

I ordered 6 bottles on April 29 and just received them on June 2, 2001. I started taking 50 drops per bottle this morning. I have faith that it'll work. I'll report back in a couple of weeks and on July 3- the 30 day mark.

Old 06-04-2001, 09:55 AM   #45
    debbbb

debbbb HB User
    Exclamation

Like others I just received the product and don't understand the vague directions!! Do you put 1 drop per 2 lbs. that you want to loose of BOTH liquids combined in one 8oz glass of water?? What if I want to eat a snack at night....do I do this again for a 4th time that day or should I limit it to 3 times? For those who have had success, please describe what you ate (honestly!) while using the liquid. I am anxious to start and would really appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Closed Thread