It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Fasting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #46
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User
    Re: Fasting

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SammyT
    i dont beleive in fasting...i think its just wrong

lol! why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #47
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

well thanks for your opinon SammyT... i happen to have the opposite opinion

Old 08-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #48
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have never fasted but if I eat an apple on an empty stomach it makes me sick to my stomach. My husband is the same way. So maybe it was just the acidity of the apple in your empty stomach that made you throw it up.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #49
    SammyT
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SammyT HB User

haha yeah i know, i thought id put my input in. lol. ah i dunno, i dont really "get" it i guess...i just dont think its rite to eat or drink very little for a couple days..i dunnno, doesnt it screw up ur metabolism and dont u get hungry?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #50
    smithxi
    (male)

smithxi HB User

people misunderstand fasting. its a sugar / lemon / pepper drink that you drink throughout the day as much as you want basically. the sugar in the drink from the maple syrup give you carbohydrates. i don't necessarily feel less energy, just hungry sometimes, but it feels good because you're cleaning your bowels and intestins of all that nasty build up over the years of your life. as odd as this may sound, i want to go get my colon cleaned. eew. maybe when im a little older.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 PM   #51
    SushiGirl
    (female)

SushiGirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smithxi
    people misunderstand fasting. its a sugar / lemon / pepper drink that you drink throughout the day as much as you want basically. the sugar in the drink from the maple syrup give you carbohydrates. i don't necessarily feel less energy, just hungry sometimes, but it feels good because you're cleaning your bowels and intestins of all that nasty build up over the years of your life.
    If never heard of using sugar in a fast. I think that would kind of defeat the propose of the fast. What is the pepper for?

I just finished a 3 day juice fast a few days ago. I drank an 8 ounce glass of prune juice at 8am and another one at 8:30am. Then for the rest of the day I drank diluted apple juice 50/50 until 6pm. From 6pm to 9pm I had nothing. At 9pm I made a mixture of the juice of two oranges, one lemon, and 5 tablespoons of olive oil, shake well and drank it. Then nothing until the next day, when I did the same thing again.

Quote:
    as odd as this may sound, i want to go get my colon cleaned. eew. maybe when im a little older.
    Doctors don't recommend colon cleansing for better health or to prevent disease. The only appropriate use for colon cleansing is in preparation for a medical examination of the colon.

Your colon normally eliminates waste material and bacteria and absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance. Some colon-cleansing programs disrupt this balance and can be harmful by causing dehydration and salt depletion.

To help prevent constipation, eat plenty of fiber. The Institute of Medicine offers these daily recommendations:

38 grams for men and 25 grams for women 50 and younger
    30 grams for men and 21 grams for women 51 and older
    Also, drink plenty of water, which helps fiber work more effectively.

Last edited by SushiGirl; 08-24-2005 at 12:25 PM. Reason: delete message #51 made double post

Old 08-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #52
    SushiGirl
    (female)

SushiGirl HB User

Quote:
    people misunderstand fasting. its a sugar / lemon / pepper drink that you drink throughout the day as much as you want basically. the sugar in the drink from the maple syrup give you carbohydrates. i don't necessarily feel less energy, just hungry sometimes, but it feels good because you're cleaning your bowels and intestins of all that nasty build up over the years of your life.
    I've never heard of using sugar in a fast. I think that would kind of defeat the propose of the fast. What is the pepper for?

I just finished a 3 day juice fast a few days ago. I drank an 8 ounce glass of prune juice at 8am and another one at 8:30am. Then for the rest of the day I drank diluted apple juice 50/50 until 6pm. From 6pm to 9pm I had nothing. At 9pm I made a mixture of the juice of two oranges, one lemon, and 5 tablespoons of olive oil, shake well and drank it. Then nothing until the next day, when I did the same thing again.

Quote:
    as odd as this may sound, i want to go get my colon cleaned. eew. maybe when im a little older.
    Doctors don't recommend colon cleansing for better health or to prevent disease. The only appropriate use for colon cleansing is in preparation for a medical examination of the colon.

Your colon normally eliminates waste material and bacteria and absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance. Some colon-cleansing programs disrupt this balance and can be harmful by causing dehydration and salt depletion.

To help prevent constipation, eat plenty of fiber. The Institute of Medicine offers these daily recommendations:

38 grams for men and 25 grams for women 50 and younger
    30 grams for men and 21 grams for women 51 and older
    Also, drink plenty of water, which helps fiber work more effectively.

Last edited by SushiGirl; 08-24-2005 at 12:22 PM.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 PM   #53
    smithxi
    (male)

smithxi HB User

when i say using sugar in the fasting drink i mean sugar from maple syrup that is added to give the body carbohydrates. they use low grade maple syrups for their high mineral contents.

and people do to get their colon cleansed elsewise than an examination or surgery. i'll try to find a link.

Last edited by smithxi; 08-24-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #54
    SushiGirl
    (female)

SushiGirl HB User

Quote:
    when i say using sugar in the fasting drink i mean sugar from maple syrup that is added to give the body carbohydrates. they use low grade maple syrups for their high mineral contents.
    It's not maple syrup that you'd buy in most stores, it's a special organic tree syrup.

Quote:
    people do to get their colon cleansed elsewise than an examination or surgery. i'll try to find a link.
    I know people get their colon cleansed for other reasons then examination or surgey. All I'm saying is it's really not needed for any health benefits.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 PM   #55
    smithxi
    (male)

smithxi HB User

what is the benefit of tree syrup as opposed to maple syrup. cause people do use maple syrup.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM   #56
    SushiGirl
    (female)

SushiGirl HB User

Quote:
    what is the benefit of tree syrup as opposed to maple syrup. cause people do use maple syrup.
    Maple syrup comes from trees. But the maple syrup that is used in the drink you are talking about is suppose to be a special organic tree syrup, if people don't use the correct syrup they won't be getting the benefits they should be getting. Not all food/grocery stores sell this type of maple syrup. You would probably find it in a health food store or places that sell organic foods.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #57
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

sushigirl... how did the three day fast go?!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #58
    smithxi
    (male)

smithxi HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SushiGirl
    Maple syrup comes from trees. But the maple syrup that is used in the drink you are talking about is suppose to be a special organic tree syrup, if people don't use the correct syrup they won't be getting the benefits they should be getting. Not all food/grocery stores sell this type of maple syrup. You would probably find it in a health food store or places that sell organic foods.
    thanks.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #59
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

has anyone had any success w/ juice and water fasts???

Old 08-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #60
    girlygirl11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girlygirl11 HB User

What do you consider success? And I thought you decided you weren't going to because of your age and the fact that supervision is recommended?

Closed Thread