It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• hydroxycut the second time around?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
    mmnn

mmnn HB User
    Question hydroxycut the second time around?

i tried hydroxycut a couple of years ago and it worked great! helped me shave off twenty pounds when i was at 155 lbs. however, i want to be at my goal of 125 lbs. but have been stuck trying to lose the last ten pounds for the past two years! i tried hydroxycut again and everything was going fine for two weeks. then i started to have terrible cramps in my wrists and my feet, i got nauseous and started to break out with acne on my face!

this never happened the first time i used it two years ago. i tried eating apricots and bananas for increased postassium and drink tons of water. am i too light (135 lbs) to be using hydroxycut now if i just want to lose ten pounds? i keep telling myself that i don't need it for these side. i know i need to stop now. but i don't understand why this is happening this time around. has anyone else had this experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2002, 10:36 PM   #2
    Canasa
    Inactive

Canasa HB User
    Have you tried using HALF the recomended dosage? Might work, you maybe fairly light. I have saw posts about this before. And I think by cutting the dosage in half it seemed to work?

Good luck and I wish you the best on them last 10! Can't wait until I am THERE!

------------------
    ~.~ Canasa ~.~

Old 02-10-2002, 07:24 AM   #3
    mmnn

mmnn HB User
    thanks canasa!

i appreciate your suggestion. i stopped for a couple of days to alleviate some of the cramps by upping my potassium and drinking more water. then i started back again with less side effects on two pills a day. maybe i will just take one a day before my workout and see what happens. is it bad to go back and forth on the dosage like this?

Old 02-20-2002, 07:25 AM   #4
    whuppuns

whuppuns HB User
    Hey all. I've been working out for about 4 years. I used to be 160lbs. but now I'm down to 136lbs. I want to lose that last ten lbs!! I've been at a PLATEAU for about two years now!! I've been contemplating taking hydroxycut to give me a boost. I don't want to gain the weight back though once I"m off it!!! And of course I've heard bad stuff about it too. I eat a very healthy diet and I work out daily. Please tell me what you all think?? What has your experience been??

Old 02-20-2002, 10:23 AM   #5
    andreaphilip3
    Inactive
    (female)

andreaphilip3 HB User
    that stuff is bad

Old 02-20-2002, 11:54 AM   #6
    bayoubebe2

bayoubebe2 HB User
    Hydroxycut, isn't good or bad. I used it last year w/workouts and also found that I had to cut back to one pill before my workouts. It did extend my workout times which was good at the time. It just seemed like I had to play with the dose alot. If the side effects don't go away soon stop taking them

Old 02-20-2002, 12:22 PM   #7
    bayoubebe2

bayoubebe2 HB User

By the way, I think it was Shifty that said something like these product doses are based on men's sizes. Shifty, if i misquoted you I'm sorry darlin'. Anyways, since you are lighter than the first time you took it you may have to cut way back on the dose. Just remember with products like Hydroxycut more does not mean better.

Old 02-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #8
    kk1978
    (female)

kk1978 HB User
    I started Hydroxcycut just recently. I have been taking 2 pills twice daily. And I haven't experienced any cramping, but my face has definetely broken out. Does anyone know how long you have to take it to start seeing results from it. Well good luck

Old 03-01-2002, 06:28 AM   #9
    TeeinNY

TeeinNY HB User
    Exclamation

Hey, I am sorry to hear about the side effects some of you are having withthe Hydroxcy Cut. I have been using it for a year now and fortunately I have not experienced any of those side effects mentioned! I was hesistant when I first started because I wasn't sure what my experience would be using it! However, I did have success and lost 30 lbs. But I have now reached that point of plateau. I am now trying to lose that last 10 lbs. I have be trying for the last 2 months and can't quite get it.
    I think what I have to do is increase the intensity level of my work outs. So I am trying to work out for an hour 4 days a week and 30 min 2 days a week. My previous work outs were 30min a day for about 5 to 6 days a week!
    If anyone has any suggestions on how to drop that plateau please help!

[This message has been edited by TeeinNY (edited 03-01-2002).]

Old 03-01-2002, 08:20 PM   #10
    kk1978
    (female)

kk1978 HB User
    Well so far I have had good experience. Like I said besides my face breaking out, I have lost 5-7pds this week alone. I am really impressed. Especially since I haven't been drinking as much as it says to. But I am trying to. I just don't care for water at all. Getting better at it. Good Luck Everyone!!

Old 03-02-2002, 02:05 AM   #11
    thady
    Inactive

thady HB User
    I belive everyone should stay away from those diet pills. Just because something says "natural" does not mean it can't hurt you!!! Scorpion bites are natural. Avalanches are natural. That doesn't mean that neither will harm you. If your diet pill has in its list of ingredients Ephedra, Ephedrine, Guarana, Caffeine, Coffee, Ma Huang, or Mormon Tea, then you need to discontinue use of that product. While these items may indeed increase your metabolism, the effects over the long term are negative. Your weight loss will cease after a few weeks. If you consume any of these products constantly, your metabolic stimulation is increased causing adrenal or renal stress The only thing that truly works for weight loss is a proper, natural diet, coupled with adequate and proper exercise for your body. No diet pill can substitute for these. No diet shake can substitute for these. Just my two cents worth.

Old 03-02-2002, 06:28 AM   #12
    momonline41
    Inactive

momonline41 HB User
    I agree with healthy lady too many have a had problems with this stuff. And some of the side effects have been irreversable like death.... why take chances with your health?
    I've read and seen the stories of people that "didn't have a problem with it" UNTIL they DID have some problem - and now will have to deal with it for the rest of ther lives.

cyn

Old 03-02-2002, 10:19 AM   #13
    kk1978
    (female)

kk1978 HB User
    Yes well if we didn't take chances in life then we would be stuck in an incubator for the whole thing. I value your opinion, however for some people we need an extra boost. I do excercise and I also watch my diet, but after having my children, it hasn't helped. I have been put on an 1100 calorie diet by a doctor and that didn't help me either, so I am going to stick with the Hydroxcycut because it is helping me. So good luck with your efforts and I will stick to mine.

Closed Thread