It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Are there any appetite suppressants other than water?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2002, 08:34 AM   #16
    Magpiezoe
    Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
    Talking

Hello, What about watermellon? If you eat 1-2 cups before a meal, you fill up quickly.

------------------
    Magpie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2002, 01:40 PM   #17
    Lindarella
    Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
    This may sound like I'm joking but it has worked for me. I put a picture of a very obese woman (I'm talking several hundred pounds) off the internet next to a very nice picture of britney spears on my refridgerator. When I go to eat I look at the pictures and ask myself who I'd rather look like. Amazing how just giving it 2 seconds worth of thought before I eat helps.

Old 06-18-2002, 08:36 PM   #18
    Taratwo
    Veteran

Taratwo HB User
    I also hate water. It tastes so flat. I think that is why I don't drink enough of it. I will try to drink more water since I really need to lose weight. I buy the gallons of water and make Crystal Light with them.

Old 06-19-2002, 07:45 AM   #19
    andreaphilip3
    Inactive
    (female)

andreaphilip3 HB User
    all right tara!

thats exactly what i do. i hate water. funny thing is, since i drink decaff iced tea with lemon that i make myself and add 2 sweeteners per qt, i find, the crystal light tastes like sugar to me so i dilute it as far as i can stand it b/f i drink it so its like lemon water.

Old 06-19-2002, 01:39 PM   #20
    Taratwo
    Veteran

Taratwo HB User
    Yes Crystal Light makes water taste so much better.

Old 06-19-2002, 06:25 PM   #21
    andreaphilip3
    Inactive
    (female)

andreaphilip3 HB User
    amen!

Old 06-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #22
    chatterbox

chatterbox HB User
    Go back to your original post, you said that you would eat seconds of something that you like even though you are full. Your body doesn't need the appetite suppressant, your mind does. I can relate, I do the same thing. "Wow, that was yummy! I'll have more even though I am full and my tummy will hurt" I have tried appetite suppressants and they work wonderfully but the problem is, I end up missing the actual act of eating, not just the sensation of being full or the taste of the food. So, now i try to eat decently and when I get the feeling of needing to eat just to eat, I trick my body by drinking a couple glasses of water and then chewing sugar free gum. Works every time. And if you hate water for it's lack of flavor, put a couple drops of lemon or lime juice in it.

Old 06-20-2002, 09:51 PM   #23
    Taratwo
    Veteran

Taratwo HB User
    Sometimes I put lemon in water to give it flavor.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #24
    all things
    (female)

all things HB User
    I've posted elsewhere, but I'll say it here. Take L-Glutamine for cravings junk food, DL-phenylalanine for appetite suppressant, and L-Tyrosine for alertness and motivation. All are cheap amino acids found at Vitamin World, etc. Crystal Lite has aspartame in it, known to cause many health problems...look it up, it's terrible. Sometimes when you are hungry, you are just thirsty, so choke down a glass of water, take your aminos, wait a half hour and see what happens. It worked for me. I lost 120 pounds in 10 months. I highly, highly recommend it. However, my friend didn't do as well - everyone is different.

Old 06-29-2002, 05:13 PM   #25
    TAURI

TAURI HB User
    Lightbulb

As an appetite suppressant I really like *********'s "Yellow", I believe the Chromium is the main appetite suppressant ingredient. I also like Fiber (psyllium husk is a good supplement), I take about 1 gram (which in this case is 3 pills) with a full 8 oz. of water (water will help by itself but the fiber expands and curbs the appetite). I'm sure veggies would help too. And as for not liking water, try watermellon - it fills you up and is mostly water.

Closed Thread