It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Conjugated Lanolic Acid (CLA)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
    AZ24
    Veteran
    (female)

AZ24 HB User
    Question Conjugated Lanolic Acid (CLA)

Does anyone have any feed back on the product, Conjugated Lanolic Acid (CLA)? I recently started taking the product, which is supposed to help maintain/promote muscle but helps get rid of fat. This is what the bottle claims, but has anyone tried it or has any opinion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
    zooropa

zooropa HB User
    yea! im on it now for about a month and a half now...i like it alot! my abbies have started to show since i've taken it

Old 07-08-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
    AZ24
    Veteran
    (female)

AZ24 HB User
    Have you noticed any other benefits? Have you noticed a change on the scale? I am trying to lose a few pounds and tone up, and I am hoping CLA can help. What do you think?

Old 07-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #4
    zooropa

zooropa HB User
    it has helped me with muscle toning , definitely in the abs and everywhere else too. i heard it has mixed results on it, like it works for some and not others. but creating a calorie deficit, and taking that really helps i think...my abs have never been this toned, in addition i have been doing lots of cardio (5-6 days) along with weight training.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:15 PM   #5
    AZ24
    Veteran
    (female)

AZ24 HB User
    What was your main reason for starting to take it? I tried Xenadrine (Ephedra free), and it didn't work for me. I thought CLA would be a good alternative. I haven't seen a change on the scale really though. Even though I see my body changing, seeing the #s change always seems to help, ya know? Are you combining CLA with anything else? I was told you could (because it is all natural). Talk to ya soon!

Old 07-11-2002, 05:43 PM   #6
    zooropa

zooropa HB User
    AZ24- i tried that xenedrine efx also, really did nothing for me and i dont agree well with ephedra products if ya know what i mean. well, my main reason for taking the CLA was to get rid of some stubborn fat over my abs. and it has been working out well. the only other thing i take right now is a multivitamin and im also wanting to try ALA (heard some great things about that).

Old 07-14-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
    AZ24
    Veteran
    (female)

AZ24 HB User
    Zooropa-

Have you seen any change on the scale? I haven't, but I have been maintaining. I don't know if the CLA has anything to do with it though. What is ALA? Tell me what you know. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2002, 10:41 PM   #8
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
    Well for those that have Diabetes 2 or Insulin Resistance I heard that you can combine 1g of CLA with at least 200mcg of Chromium (GTF, polynicotinate, or nicotinate but NOT picolinate) and it will have the same effects as Avandia, etc. Of course people utlize these two to help with loosing weight and leaner muscles. For years, I've heard that chromium was great for building lean muscle, how you haven't tried that yet?

ALA should stand for Alpha Lipoic Acid, however there is also Alpha Linoleic Acid but it's written as LNA.

Old 08-22-2002, 08:25 AM   #9
    QCwolf

QCwolf HB User
    I've heard alot of good things about CLA myself and bought a bottle at GNC yesterday. I'll let you know what kind of results I get.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #10
    Jaytor
    Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
    Something to keep in mind: CLA works better for men than for women because men's metabolism is more directed toward muscle tissue development versus women's metabolism [testosterone versus estrogen].

If you check the research, you'll notice that the large majority of CLA studies were conducted among men, particularly younger men whose physiologies are especially likely to promote an increase in muscle mass.

Closed Thread