It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Phentermine? Phendimetrazine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #1
    kim25844

kim25844 HB User
    Post Phentermine? Phendimetrazine?

I went to a Weight Loss Clinic today. I'm 5'5 weighing 205 & need to lose over 50lbs. The dr. gave me 30mg of Phentermine and 35mg of Phendimetrazine both to be taken together at 1pm daily.

Anyone had any experience with this? I also took a vitamin B12 (I think it was 12) injection for energy & am supposed to go back bi-weekly for these injections.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I took them today - and had a spurt of energy (could be the shot, though)...and slight racing of the heart on & off. I know I shouldn't consume caffeine with these pills...so I've been drinking water all evening. I am not hungry - snacked on a few pretzels...and that will be all before bed tonight.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2002, 09:22 PM   #2
    mishka111
    Inactive

mishka111 HB User
    I know what Phentermine is, but I don't know what the other one is used for. I will have to check my PDR on your other prescription.
    Is your Phentermine pill or capsule form?
    I would suggest telling your dr. about the racing heart beat(don't want u to have a heart attack-don't want to scare you ) & see if you can split the tablet (if it's scored)
    & gradually increase it over time. It sounds like you aren't going to get that much sleep tonight.
    Been there & done that....
    My other suggestion is to eat the reccomended amount of calories the doctor probably suggested,(U probably don't feel like eating) because your body will go into starvation mode from just pretzel. (See what happened to Oprah ions ago)
    Definately let your doctor know, because I know Phentermine comes in 15mg form.
    Take care!

Old 08-28-2002, 07:56 AM   #3
    kim25844

kim25844 HB User
    just thought I'd update instead of asking the same ??'s as above (again)...I'd still like to know if anyone knows anything about the phendametrazine...?

Well, after about 6wks on the stuff - I must admit I did not take it every day as I should've - I've made the 28 day supply last this whole time...I've lost 13lbs...but it has fluctuated during this time. I have *suffered* a bit - as far as being hungry, etc...but haven't really done any exercising to speak of. (I know I should...its just finding the time!)

Anyways - I'm going back to the same dr. next week, and guess I'll get another 28 day supply. I also purchased two videos - 8 min. Abs & 8 min. Thighs...but have yet to even remove the plastic. I will, though!

Any info - success or non-success stories on either phentermine or phendametrazine are welcome!

Oh & to answer the question above - the phentermine is capsule form...and the jittery feelings went away after about day #3.

Thanks!

Kim C.
    Mom to Logan 7, Luke 5, & Sierra 23mos!
    5'5", beginning weight 205 - weight today, 192
    ONLY 50 + to go!

[This message has been edited by kim25844 (edited 08-28-2002).]

Old 10-01-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
    SweetTiff

SweetTiff HB User
    I went to a Dr about 3 years ago & he gave me those pills. In 2 weeks I lost 10 pounds. I didn't keep up healthy eating or exersizing. After having a baby & 3 years later I'm now plus 39 pounds. I'm using stacker 2 now & exersising 5 times a week & eating healthy. It seems to be working fine.

BUT I must say that after you go off those pills if you want to stay that weight you NEED to eat healthy AND exersice. When I was on them, they took my appetite away so well that I would only eat dinner, which I know is not healthy but while you are on those pills you don't even realize you are not eating. Be careful...they are addicting & your body will get used to them eventually.

Closed Thread