It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Only Whole Wheat???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #16
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User
    Re: Only Whole Wheat???

A person who smokes a package of cigarettes a day doesn't feel completely fine. They have mucous in their throats, cough, get more colds etc. I eat wheat every day and I am in GREAT health. I have NO stomach problems, rarely get sick, my full blood work that I get done every 6 months always comes back perfect, I have lots of energy, I'm not constipation, bloated or ever get diarrhea, I don't get yeast infections, or any type of infections, my skin is perfect, my eyesight is great, my nails are healthy....the list goes on and on. I'm the picture of health and I EAT WHEAT. I totally realized that there are many individuals who are not able to tolerate wheat, but at this moment, I am not one of them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #17
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes if I can recall you are very young, like 21 or somtin.. k, But you did say that you are fine with it at this moment.. we shall see when you get older.. Remeber it catches up to you. Please get that book.. you 'll learn a thing or two..

Old 08-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #18
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

I'm not 21, I'm 25.

Last edited by tdot; 08-25-2005 at 10:19 AM.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #19
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

ok sorry.. anyways as you get older your body is gonna want to eat better quality foods and, wheat isnt one of them.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #20
    jade112
    (female)

jade112 HB User

Thanks for the bread comments everyone!!

To Losec20mg and tdot!!
    Good Luck with the WHEAT discussion! I am enjoying reading each post and point from both of you! I don't think I have ever thought about wheat so much!!!

Jade

Old 08-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #21
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

I read an article that says one of the primary causes of Addison's disease is gluten intolerance. Like I said, you may feel healthy, but if you're eating wheat all the time, there are changes in your body happening without you feeling it. I learned the hard way, I felt good until I started getting severe anxiety attacks out of nowhere. I was happy, hardworking, and loved life until that day. I found that gluten caused all of this as well as having GI infections. Most health problems are digestive related, regardless of symptoms..

Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #22
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jade112
    Thanks for the bread comments everyone!!

To Losec20mg and tdot!!
    Good Luck with the WHEAT discussion! I am enjoying reading each post and point from both of you! I don't think I have ever thought about wheat so much!!!

Jade
    I'm glad you enjoy the discussion. That is what this board is all about. There are two sides to every story and it's good for people to hear both.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #23
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thomas3000
    I read an article that says one of the primary causes of Addison's disease is gluten intolerance. Like I said, you may feel healthy, but if you're eating wheat all the time, there are changes in your body happening without you feeling it. I learned the hard way, I felt good until I started getting severe anxiety attacks out of nowhere. I was happy, hardworking, and loved life until that day. I found that gluten caused all of this as well as having GI infections. Most health problems are digestive related, regardless of symptoms..
    And Thomas, I have read A LOT of research on Addison's disease. I actually do talks at medical schools on the topic and I have never found any research that suggests that primary Addison's disease is caused by gluten intolerance. I realize that there must be info out there about this because I have heard people talk about this, but it is purely testimonial and not science/evidence-based.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #24
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

TDOT,

What heritage do you have if you don't mind me asking? That's pretty cool that you speak on Addison's, but have you determined your cause of it yet. I know of a lab who specializes in adrenal insuffiency. I urge you to keep an open mind on this..There are causes for every single condition or disease or symptoms, with the number 1 underlying cause being gluten and/or GI infections. It is based on science.. It only makes sense since grains have only been in your diet for 10,0000 to 20,000 years compared to our millions of years of life on this planet. We simply haven't adapted to eating wheat yet, it sucks cuz I grew up on it and loved it. I would bet my life on it that if you found out through diagnostic testing what's causing your disease, you wouldn't need meds any longer.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #25
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

Thomas I know you'r right.. because I to suffered from many serious conditions.. I also had epilepsy.. and, everything is gone.. I cant believe it.. and, Im a true believer that this junk is making millions of people sick.. MILLIONS.. oooff Im like a totally new man.. I feel good everyday that goes by.. and, I barely sleep..heheh .. Gluten is very heavy to digest..

Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #26
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I was under the impression that a person should eat whole wheat for there health. If someone cuts out wheat what can they eat to still have a nutritionally sound diet? Avoiding grains like that sounds like the Adkins diet which has been proven to be unhealthy. I don't believe in cutting out any food group. Everything in moderation.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #27
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

hmm we are not avoiding grains at all.. its easy to replace wheat.. Try Quinoa bread, or buckwheat bread, Millet bread, Rice bread, Corn bread.. you can also have tapioca muffins, or yummy corn muffins, the list goes on and, on.. I think that this is the way for variety in your diet.. not loading yourself with WHEAT WHEAT WHEAT everything.. People have wheat for breakfast, wheat for snack, wheat for lunch, wheat for snack, wheat for supper, wheat for late night snack again.. DUH!! no wonder people are sick.. most of them are anyway.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 PM   #28
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I don't know who's eating that much wheat. I have a hard time getting my family to eat whole wheat. They would rather have white pasta which is bad. When I go and buy real whole wheat bread they will not eat it. I also buy whole wheat pasta and cannot get them to eat it. They don't like the texture and taste. I really don't think a lot of people are eating that much wheat like you say. It's the processed flour people eat mostly and that is bad for you. So do you disagree with the new food pyramid guide that the US goverment came out with? It says we need whole wheat every day. You will never get me to believe that whole wheat is bad. It's the processed flour, sugar etc... that's bad.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #29
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

its just that wheat is being consumed in large quantities my americans in the americano diet.. Half the population on this planet is having dificulties digesting this stuff.. people make glue with this stuff to put up wallpaper.. lolllllllllllllllll.. are you trying to tell me that wheat is better then Quinoa.?. sorry but i eat with my brain, not with my mouth.. (sorry that was harsh, but Im serious)..

Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #30
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

"sorry but i eat with my brain, not with my mouth.."

Hey that is a good one. I'll remember to use it the next time someone tries to tell me whole wheat is bad for me.

It's the processed wheat that people are consuming. The white flour which is made from wheat but is processed down to a level where it becomes unhealthy. The other grains are not bad. As long as something is whole grain then it is good. Even pop corn is considered a whole grain and considered healthy as long as it's not slathered in butter and salt. I was actually surprised when I read that one but I had a boss who had diabetes and she could not eat the processed grains anymore but popcorn she could and whole wheat bread and oatmeal but not processed instant oatmeal. So whole grain is good no matter what grain. Wheat, corn etc.... and the others you listed also. Wheat is healthy as long as it's in a whole grain form.

Closed Thread