It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Only Whole Wheat???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 PM   #46
    .Dot
    (female)

.Dot HB User
    Re: Only Whole Wheat???

I would like to say the the two posts goldenseal posted, on page 2, were very significant and, well, aTRUE! I think you should all take a look cause he/she know what their talking about!! tdot, maybe your problems are hidden, and you don't even know it! Maybe it causes you stress or anxiety? Also, keep in mind that everyone's body's deal with things differently. In example; the bodies of 2 people who both live on macdonald's would obviously be very unhealthy, yet one could have acne and the other wouldn't! That just proves how some bodies are more quick and harsher to send our body signals. We all react differently. Inside, your body is probably suffering greatly, yet it hasn't sent you signals (Or maybe it has! And you overlooked it! Your diet can effect EVERYTHING! From how you sleep at night and your dreams to how your breath!)

Basically, gluten was not meant for people! It clumps up (once inside us) and messes with our digestion and bodies!

Its really not hard to quite gluten. There are plenty of wonderful gluten-free grains out there, and plenty of products that use them! Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #47
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

my friend with MS, is doing much better on a wheat/gluten free diet.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #48
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by .Dot
    Itdot, maybe your problems are hidden, and you don't even know it! Maybe it causes you stress or anxiety?
    I don't experience stress or anxiety. Actually people tell me all the time that they find me very calm. My life and health is great. I have loads of energy, never get sick, not stressed, depressed. I feel great and I eat wheat.

I agree with your statement that it is different for everyone, that no two people are alike. Some people may have difficulty with wheat, but I don't.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 AM   #49
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

Tdot,

Wheat is a silent killer. I felt great for 33 years. You still can find the cause of your addisons if you want to. You said you don't experience stress? Well internally you certainly do since your adrenals don't work..You may feel good on the outside but inside there is a war going on...There are underlying causes for every single health problem out there and I have the research to prove it...

Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 AM   #50
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Oh Lord,
    Wheat Kills, Soy kills, artificial sweetners kill, SUGAR kills, dairy kills, meat kills, potatoes kill, tomatoes kill, starch kills...did I miss anything?

If all this internet silliness were true, mankind would have died out during the Paleolithic age. Man is an okmnivore; he has evolved able to get nutrients need for survival from a HUGE variety of foods. It's only in a land of supreme surfeit that one has the luxury of pointing fingers at all the "EVIL" foods that others on the planet are dying WITHOUT!

A good marketing trick to sell a particular food is to call all competing foods evil; too bad everyone can't see through this seemingly obvious ploy!

Last edited by Lenin; 09-07-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #51
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lenin
    Oh Lord,
    Wheat Kills, Soy kills, artificial sweetners kill, SUGAR kills, dairy kills, meat kills, potatoes kill, tomatoes kill, starch kills...did I miss anything?

If all this internet silliness were true, mankind would have died out during the Paleolithic age. Man is an okmnivore; he has evolved able to get nutrients need for survival from a HUGE variety of foods. It's only in a land of supreme surfeit that one has the luxury of pointing fingers at all the "EVIL" foods that others on the planet are dying WITHOUT!

A good marketing trick to sell a particular food is to call all competing foods evil; too bad everyone can't see through this seemingly obvious ploy!
    Lenin,

You've got it! All of what you said in your post is completely true. I actually find it funny reading about all the horrible things wheat can do to your body. I was just walking through the hall at work wondering - if wheat is so bad, why is my grandfather so healthy at 90 years old? He ate wheat his WHOLE LIFE!

Thanks for the sane support!

Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #52
    rheanna
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Ditto, I also agree with Lenin and tdot.

And specifically with this "wheat is poison you just don't know it" issue -- I've read extensively about celiac, because I have it myself. But the numbers I read are that 1 out of 100 or 200 or 300 or some UNKNOWN percentage of people in the western world have an intolerance or sensitivity to gluten. Using the 1 out of 100 number (nobody knows for sure!!!), that means that 99%+ of people live just fine and dandy WITH wheat in their diets. 99%!!!

I think that if someone is having various health problems, it MAY be that some food (uh, wheat isn't the only food that we as omnivores eat on this planet) is causing their personal body problems. An elimination diet is one way of determining if you feel better without a particular food. I personally do much better without gluten in my diet. But I feel REAL uncomfortable with informing the rest of the world that what I choose to eat or not to eat should be their choice as well.

--Rheanna

Old 09-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #53
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

It doesn't affect everybody that's not what were saying. It affects about 50 percent of the population. My grandfather lived until he was 85, but he is 100 italian. People with northeastern european heritage need to stay away from it period. I have scientific proof to back it up. Like I said, it's a silent killer and creeps up on you. Ask Losec20mg, it almost killed him...

Old 09-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #54
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

Rheanna,

You're right, 1 out of 100 have celiac, but you're missing something. 1 out of 2 have subclinical gluten intolerance. Celiac is the most severe form of gluten intolerance. 50 percent have it subclinically...I have all the data that says so...And somebody show me where a donuts, pizza, pasta, and submarine sandwiches are healthy.

Last edited by thomas3000; 09-07-2005 at 08:20 AM.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #55
    rheanna
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thomas3000
    It doesn't affect everybody that's not what were saying. It affects about 50 percent of the population. My grandfather lived until he was 85, but he is 100 italian. People with northeastern european heritage need to stay away from it period. I have scientific proof to back it up. Like I said, it's a silent killer and creeps up on you. Ask Losec20mg, it almost killed him...
    Thomas,

Losec has health problems if he eats gluten, so therefore everybody should avoid gluten. I know people who have health problems with nightshade plants, so therefore everybody should avoid eating potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, chili, etc. I know people who are deathly allergic to peanuts, so therefore everybody should avoid peanuts. I know people who can't eat mushrooms, so therefore everybody should avoid mushrooms. All we have to do is find out what ANYbody can't tolerate, and then go out and tell the world that because SOMEONE can't tolerate that food therefore they are secretly being poisoned by it as well.

--Rheanna

Old 09-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #56
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    My grandfather who is 90 and very healthy is of Irish decent. He has eaten wheat his whole life and has no health problems other than hip replacement.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #57
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Rheanna,

You're right, 1 out of 100 have celiac, but you're missing something. 1 out of 2 have subclinical gluten intolerance. Celiac is the most severe form of gluten intolerance. 50 percent have it subclinically...I have all the data that says so...And somebody show me where a donuts, pizza, pasta, and submarine sandwiches are healthy.
    Of course those things are unhealthy if they are refined! I don't eat donuts and when I eat pizza, pasta and sub sandwiches I eat the whole wheat version. If you told a Registered Dietitian that whole wheat pasta is unhealthy, they would strongly disagree.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #58
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User
    Talking Re: Only Whole Wheat???

Well, my doc would disagree with the dietician since he's seen breast cancer reversed by cutting out gluten. Thyroid problems have been linked to grains as well. I could list 50 health conditions related to gluten but I don't have time. I will list them tomorrow..

Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #59
    Losec20mg
    Inactive
    (male)

Losec20mg HB User

tdot if I would of listened to my dietitien, today I would of been dead.. thomas dont waste your time, enoy the nice weather and, go out to the park.. tdot will not believe us, she hasnet lived what we lived.. Although she does have addisons.. and, I know where thats coming from.

im out for the day, ill be back later.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #60
    tdot
    (female)

tdot HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Losec20mg
    she hasnet lived what we lived..
    I haven't lived what you've lived because I'm not you! I almost died because my doctors misdiagnosed me for four months. At the end after four months of being very sick, my major organs shut down and was very close to death. I was diagnosed with Addison's disease in the nick of time by a very intelligent medical resident. Because of my experiences (which yes are not the same are yours because we're different people), I am applying to medschool this October. I feel very passionately about helping people and would like to help others like me with Addison's disease, but I know that when I do become a doctor, I will be using evidence-based research to guide me, not hype.

Closed Thread