It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• permamntly 130 lbs...help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2003, 11:40 AM   #1
    foshizlejewizle

foshizlejewizle HB User
    Unhappy permamntly 130 lbs...help!

I am 5' 5.5", and I weigh 130 lbs. I try to lose weight, but I just gain muscle and yah...I lose fat, but I want to weight 115. I am permanently 130 lbs, and I have been for a bout a year. I go on diets, but I can't stay on them becausse mt kid soster always has junk food around...and I need some work on my will power. I keep asking my mom to stop buying crap food, and start buying veggies and meal bars and stuff, but she also eats yhe crap food (not that she should). I am so stuck...now I;'m resorting tot hisae two day diets wear you lose 5 lbs in two days....but I gain it back. I did the apple cider vinigar for a week and lost 5 lbs the first two days, but then I stoppped losing. Now, I'm going to try the milk and bananas diet...lets hope I can keep that weight off....help...it's bikini season. Someone tell me what to do!!!

------------------
    luv y'all,
    ~liz~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
    CocaCola

CocaCola HB User
    First of all, stop all those fad diets. Diets are only temporary solutions to something that needs long term care. Most 'diets' like the one you are describing, will only starve your body and the weight that you do lose will only be water weight. Once you go off the diet, the weight comes back on because you go back to your normal eating patterns. What you should do is stick to your veggies, fruits, grains, lean meats, and low fat/no fat/skim dairy products. Talk to a nutrionist, or do a search on the internet for healthy recipies and for balanced meal plans.

For most people, once their body finds a 'good' weight, it makes losing weight so much harder. I'm curious to know though why you want to lose weight when you are already only 130lbs? I wouldn't think you need to lose weight as you are already in a healthy range.

I would focus on building more muscle rather than losing weight. Toning up the body will make you appear slimmer. Do some cardio and weights and you'll not only look better, but you'll also feel better...and you'll also be decreasing your chancs of diseases in later life.

Good luck!

Old 06-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
    CHEEKS

CHEEKS HB User
    Is it a particular reason you want to be 115lbs? You would be really skinny weighing 115 lbs. at 5'5. Just focus on being healthy and eating properly.
    CHEEKS

[This message has been edited by CHEEKS (edited 06-26-2003).]

Old 06-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #4
    mishka1111

mishka1111 HB User
    I wish I could be 130 lbs. I knew a personal trainer who was 5'4 & she weigher 145 lbs, but she looked liked she weighed 110 1bs. Pure muscle!!
    I remember her telling me that she always won @ those guess your wt. places, ladies would tell her, "I want to weigh what you weigh." She would tell them she was 145 lbs. & there mouth would just drop. She won all those prizes @ those amusement park places, because they always guessed 110 -115 lbs.
    I would love to replace all my adipose tissue with muscle. It takes up a lot less space & it looks good.
    Be fortunate that you can easily build muscle quickly.
    Don't dwell on the scale, but on the inches.
    Realistically, you may never be 115, because your body will probably fight with you & you will be discourage.
    I remember when I was younger & a lot thinner, I wanted to be 105 lbs @ 5'2 & the lowest I got was 118 lbs. & I literally starved myself on every fad diet & now I am about 40 lbs. more heavier.

Old 06-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #5
    littleloo

littleloo HB User
    Keep in mind if you are working out and using weights....you will not lose actual lbs but you WILL lose inches. Muscle actually weighs more than fat so it is understandable to not be losing those so called lbs you want to. Whenever I work out I never under any circumstances weigh my self with a scale b/c realistically numbers discourage you from continuing on. I'd get on a scale every week and find that the 'numbers' stayed the same weight but in fact, I was losing inches. You can be a physically fit (toned) person at your height and constantly be at 130lbs, perhaps even more. Don't worry, if you keep up regular exercise and eat right then you will lose those inches.

Closed Thread