It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Anybody tried Adipex or Phentermine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
    Selina90

Selina90 HB User
    Question Anybody tried Adipex or Phentermine?

Has anyone out there tried Adipex or Phentermine? They are diet pills. My sister bought Phentermine over the internet and she lost 35 pounds and she looks fantastic!!!! I noticed when she was on them she would sometimes act irritable, snappy and pick her nails nervously and sometimes at her face. Well, of course I bought some too! But I just don't know if I can handle the hyper feeling. It feels a little tight in my chest. I am just not one of those energetic people (hate exercise), so I don't know if I should just give them some time or what? Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I didn't know what other people's experiences have been. Thanks! Selina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
    mishka1111

mishka1111 HB User
    Exclamation

If your chest is starting to hurt, please don't take it- It's a warning side.... How many mg. r u taking?
    Phentermine is an amphetamine, so it can cause hypertension & chest pain.
    Just my 2 cents

Old 06-22-2003, 08:21 PM   #3
    Selina90

Selina90 HB User
    Unhappy

Well, I bought Adipex and it's 37.5 milligrams, but I broke it in half and then I broke the half in half. So that would make it about 8 milligrams maybe??? It was a weird feeling in my chest. Didn't like it at all. I haven't been taking it anymore, but it makes me mad that my sister could. I really was looking forward to killing my appetite and now I don't know what to try. I'm frustrated. Maybe I should try again and just see if it takes a couple days for the feeling to go away???? A friend of mine said hers went away after a day or two, but I don't exactly know if she was feeling what I was feeling. She might have been feeling a little apprehension or something. She's been taking them since Oct.!!!! IT's not fair!!!

Old 06-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
    mishka1111

mishka1111 HB User
    Wink

Are you taking capsules or pill form?
    If it's a capsule form, it's not suppose to be split.
    I am probably sure there are other things out in the market - check with the weight loss board & see if anyone out there has suggestions on what is out there.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #5
    Selina90

Selina90 HB User
    It was a pill, not a capsule. I'll check the other board and see. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2003, 09:36 PM   #6
    Kelly28Tx
    (female)

Kelly28Tx HB User
    I took Adipex and lost 17lbs in less than a month. I would eat anything I wanted but I would drink lots and lots of water. It made me thirsty. It was one of the few pills that didn't make me jittery.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
    ~~NatureLovers~~

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
    Smile

phentermine 37.5, purchased online, only side effect would be dry mouth and jaw tension...............i would do it again

Old 06-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #8
    Superwoman07

Superwoman07 HB User
    I have used both of these in the past and had GREAT results... only the weight came right back as soon as I stopped taking them... I got them through a Doctor.. was told to expect nervousness / jitters / irtable the first week or so... after that, felt normal...

------------------
    aas
    Isaiah 40:31... But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:15 PM   #9
    Gin53

Gin53 HB User
    Thumbs up

Phentermine 30 mg once in the morning has helped me lose 65 pounds over the last 6 mts. They control appitite and craving really well. Some of the odd feelings and sleeplessness only last a few days and then go away. I have been off and on several times. I love the extra boost of energy they give me too!

Closed Thread