It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Is anything actually good for you?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
    Toni_no12002
    (female)

Toni_no12002 HB User
    Is anything actually good for you?

ive read so many articles and im so confused!Abit ago pasta was good for you and now its not.i think the only thing that is ok is water!magazines come out with all sorts of diets saying dont eat this and dont eat that its ridiculous!Oh yea youve got to exercise everyday.but nowadays who hasnt got a fulltime job and a kid to look after.Do they really expect everyone to go to the gym as well as working a 39 hr week then getting there kids organised!Everyone goes on a diet to get slimmer and it doesnt even work!im disgusted that magazines have people like her off desperate houswives on it.Shes a size 6 for gods sake.who would want to be that skinny!there telling us that to be beautiful you have to be slim!what a load of crap!Anyone whatever shape and size is beautiful!And the other day i read a magazine saying charlotte church was fat!!! WHAT???i mean come on be realistic so anything over a size 10 is fat and they need to be on a diet!im mad thats stupid i mean marylin monroe was a size 16 and everyone thought she was sexy!Does anyone agree with me?Everythings getting ridiculous and no wonder so many people have low self esteem and are constantly on diets!cant they talk about something else instead of what the perfect size is!There isnt a perfect size everyone has different views and like different people so why cant magazine preach about you should love what you have got instead of you should look like this etc.The media is getting out of control.Stupid magazines!they should be banned!there worse than ciggarettes!I think it does more damage to you than any amount of smoking does(well emotionally anyway)

Sorry for blagging on it just gets me so mad!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
    zusanna
    (female)

zusanna HB User
    Re: Is anything actually good for you?

My motto it "Everything in moderation!" There is NO food out there that will make you fat or that is just "bad". I mean yeah you want to eat a balanced and pretty healthy diet but you have to enjoy yourself too! I personally don't label foods "good" or "bad". I'm a intuitive eater. I eat when I'm hungry, what I'm hungry for, and until I'm full. I'm not overweight, I'm actually quite thin and I'm very healthy. The media is stupid!! Don't listen to them. They'll just fill your head with so much crap and 99% of it isn't even true. And as for exercise if you have a full-time job and children to care for you probably get all the exercise you need. Right now I'm not working but I'm a full-time college student and have a 14 month old to chase after when I get home. I get plenty of exercise and I definently don't have time for the gym. Just try not to let it stress you out so much. Ignore everything the media says. It's a waste of time to listen to it.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:44 AM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Toni,

all food is good for you if you don't have enough. If you have too much, like most people in the United States, then almost all food becomes bad for you.

For someone starving in sub-Saharan Africa, a plate of plain pasta can mean the difference between life and death. A loaf of "terrible" WHITE bread can bring a smile to the lips of starving children. It's only an overfed underworked society where everything gets turned topsy turvy.

Pasta is a delicious, convenient, EXTREMELY cheap, versatile, LOW-FAT calorie source. As such it is a wonderful food.

Last edited by Lenin; 09-15-2005 at 05:47 AM.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
    nadia snow
    (female)

nadia snow HB User

you can never go wrong with fruits and vegetables!
    natural plants and herbs

size 16 on marilyn monroe in the 1950s is alot different from size 16 today
    dress sizes have gotten alot larger
    healthy sizes are 2-6
    the ideal weight is in between
    the media is the devil just dont get consumed in the medias sick trap to feed on your weaknesses and lure you to buy the next "quick fix" wheither it is a new diet craze book, DVD, medication, or surgery. it seems 90% of commercials on tv is food related or body obessed just dont get obsessed like the rest of america. dont get wrapped up in pleasing the senses and you'll be free from addiction, craving; Liberated. its just another industry targeting individuals dissatisfaction and desperation for INSTANT GRATIFICATION, instant cures.

i could go on and on about this issue but i'm not going to lose energy arguing about the condition of america today. its tragic, but not hopeless

Old 09-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
    tropicalfreeze2
    (female)

tropicalfreeze2 HB User

everything has it's benefits in moderation.

Closed Thread