It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Looking for natural diuretic (water pill)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2003, 05:09 PM   #1
    plm
    (female)

plm HB User
    Post Looking for natural diuretic (water pill)

I didn't know which message board to post this on, so I figured this was as good as any!!

Does anyone know a natural diuretic? It seems like I read once that grapefruit was good, but I can't have grapefruit because it interferes with some meds I'm on.

I tried searching on the web, and all I came up with was 92,000 websites that were selling diuretic pills!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 05:18 PM   #2
    Shmigelz

Shmigelz HB User
    Dandeloin root is good to use as a diruretic. Its also very reasonably priced.

There is more 'diruretic specific' supplments out there, but then you will pay alot more.

I think Cytodyne makes one. It even has dandeloin root in it.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:03 AM   #3
    Magpiezoe
    Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
    Hello, Juniper berry is one. It comes in capsule form, just don't over do it. Pill/capsule form diuretics, whether natural or not, can increase the risk for kidney damage if over used.

A more natural way to do the diuretic thing is through food. Foods that are good at making you urinate are watermellon, tea, OJ, (especially OJ with ice cubes) and lemon water. Also, you might want to lower your intake of sodium/salt to no more than 2400 mg. Sodium/salt can realy make you retain water big time.

------------------
    Magpie

Closed Thread