It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Hydroxycut - Acts Like a Laxative

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
    auroras_array

auroras_array HB User
    Unhappy Hydroxycut - Acts Like a Laxative

Surprising (side) effect from Hydroxycut - it's acting like a laxative to me! Sheesh! Not a bad side effect other than the fact, it's no good while you're at work =/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
    KittyMom
    Inactive

KittyMom HB User
    The following was a post to another thread. Read what you are puting into your body...it could be "for life". I can't stress enough the dangers in these pills. They work but are they worth the price?? [your health] If you ask me, looking good FASTER doesn't even come close to the importance of your life or the long term trauma on your health. Now I look good on the outside but suffer every minute on the inside.

God Bless,
    KittyMom

........................................ ..........

Does this pill that you are talking about have ephedra (Ma huang)in it? If so you are taking a gamble with your life and your health. I was taking a weight loss product containing this ingredient and lost 65 lbs in a little less than a year. It was great! I looked good but I started not to feel good. Things that would never have crossed my mind as being from this pill. Next thing you know, I have Epilepsy FOR LIFE and it is all thanks to this pill. It wasn't worth the price I paid to look better and get the quick fix. I should have done it the healthy way! I too thought that it was all safe, thats what the add and the bottle said, but now there is a class action lawsuit against the makers of the pills I was taking and many many others. If I am not mistaken then that is one of them. Do some research!! Think about it....wasn't Fen Phen an FDA approved drug?! Yes! Look at the aftermath of that one! Not good. All for the QUICK fix. If I had it to do over again I would go with the slow and steady mode!

------------------
    Mother of 3 beautiful kids and wife to a Great husband! I love helping others...it helps me grow!

Old 06-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
    auroras_array

auroras_array HB User
    Yes, I believe this particular pill has Ephedra in it.

Actually, the reason I started taking it was as an energy supplement. The entire pill has certificates of analysis proving it's health factor for ppl who take it. Of course, you can take those publicized certificates with a grain of salt, I realize

I eat write anyway, but just needed some extra energy. This pill (Hydroxycut) has a lot of green tea in it and caffeine. It does boost me up and makes me regular, which is nice.

The first day I took it (yesterday), it acted as a colon cleanser for me (as I haven't been regular for quite some time even though I eat right). Maybe the diarrhea was just a one day event (first day of taking it type-of-thing). I haven't had any problems today (knock on wood)

I'm sorry that someone is suffering Epilepsy from taking Ma Huang. (I couldn't quite tell if it was you or not via the post.) If it is you, I'm sorry to hear that you have acquired that condition. It is a terrible condition I hear.

Thanks for your response.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
    auroras_array

auroras_array HB User
    Actually, I was wrong. According to the bottle, this is Ephedra-free Good news!

------------------
    Living God's gift of life, one day at a time.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #5
    CaliSun347

CaliSun347 HB User
    I take hydroxycut right now and it doesnt act like a laxative for me.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:21 AM   #6
    auroras_array

auroras_array HB User
    You know, it was just that one day for me. It's really weird but I will say this - it keeps me regular.

The cool thing is it gives me energy - naturally

Old 06-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
    KittyMom
    Inactive

KittyMom HB User
    Wink

It was me with the Epilepsy and that pill did it! Does it have Ma huang in it? Thanks for your responce.

God Bless,
    KittyMom

------------------
    Mother of 3 beautiful kids and wife to a Great husband! I love helping others...it helps me grow!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
    auroras_array

auroras_array HB User
    Oh, I'm so sorry, KittyMom! Fortunately, Hydroxycut doesn't have Ma Huang in it It just gives me energy though, which I am really loving.

I've always been absolutely terrible about taking vitamins, and when I did in the past, they never gave me the energy I was looking for. So...I'm really happy with Hydroxycut

I do wish you all the best though and pray that God grants you a miracle cure regarding Epilepsy.

Old 06-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #9
    KittyMom
    Inactive

KittyMom HB User
    Thank you for your kind words and your prayers! You are soooooo sweet! I hope you find success in whatever you do!

KittyMom

------------------

Old 06-06-2003, 05:38 PM   #10
    chemicaldreamer

chemicaldreamer HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by KittyMom:
    It was me with the Epilepsy and that pill did it! Does it have Ma huang in it? Thanks for your responce.

Ephedrine can TRIGGER an epileptic seizure, but it wouldn't develop epilepsy in somebody who doesn't have it.

Old 08-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #11
    jaranda

jaranda HB User
    I have been using Ephedra free Hydroxycut for a couple of months and have had no side effects from it.
    I go by the directions on the bottle, and have lost a few pounds, mostly fat. Plus it boosts my energy level.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:43 PM   #12
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
    I tried the Hydroxycut...I didn't like it...it made my stomach feel weird and I had no energy. I'm going back to my Metabolife 356 w/ephedra. I've done my research on ephedra and just think it's bogus. They say the same things about chicken and eggs etc. Move on...

Old 09-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #13
    Trueyou2

Trueyou2 HB User
    Thumbs down

Ephedra, isn't good for you at all. I have asthma and I use to take mini-thins when I was younger like 10 years old for just my asthma and they helped then but now I'm 21 and have gained a whole lot of weight; so I figured that maybe Ephedrine would help and all. Still have a whole bottle of it. I took 2, the first time things were fine. The 2nd pill I took; I was laying down and I could feel my heart pounding; scared me to death, actually.
    So what I'm saying yes, ephedra is dangerous, because, it does speed up your heart beat. But if you want to put something dangerous in your body and die earlier than what you should; than go ahead. I guess some people are "dying to look good" I know losing weight is a hard thing to do; this is the first time I've been over weight I mean really over weight back than when I was younger-I was underweight but I've had a baby too and got depressed and now I'm 5'6'' 250 vs. what I weighed a year ago. Which was 155-so I've gained pretty much almost 100lbs

Closed Thread