It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• South Beach Do's and Don'ts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2004, 09:40 AM   #16
    scarlett_moon

scarlett_moon HB User
    Thumbs up Re: South Beach Do's and Don'ts

SB has had a update and you can use milk and yogurt fat free.Some new chesses have been added.Look around on the internet and you can find all the info.

For the constipation try using sugar free hard candy or get some Benefiber or any kind of over the counter product to help.Its a common thing from all the post I have read.

Last edited by scarlett_moon; 02-28-2004 at 09:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 04:49 PM   #17
    NikkisNYmom
    Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
    Re: South Beach Do's and Don'ts

Hi - I just read your post - can you tell me what the basics of the South Beach Diet are. I don't want to take up too much of your time. What is a standard meal in a day. You lost 22 lbs. in 8 months right? Congrats! I just wanted to have an idea of how it works. I just wish it would work faster. I know it's not good when you lose weight fast but I so wish I could. Congrats again. Thanks :-)

Old 03-01-2004, 07:31 PM   #18
    Howitt44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Howitt44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NikkisNYmom
    Hi - I just read your post - can you tell me what the basics of the South Beach Diet are. I don't want to take up too much of your time. What is a standard meal in a day. You lost 22 lbs. in 8 months right? Congrats! I just wanted to have an idea of how it works. I just wish it would work faster. I know it's not good when you lose weight fast but I so wish I could. Congrats again. Thanks :-)
    Hi, I have some questions about the SB Diet also. I really need to lose weight, about 60 lbs. , but I am REALLY addicted to carbs! I really feel so much better when I don't eat them, but after awhile I just have to have a cracker or something! Is there any tips someone can give me when I want to just give up? Last year I went on the Atkins diet and lost 7 lbs in 7 days, but I just had to have an apple and it seemed like that led to bread and on and on , so I gained it back. I don't want to do that this time, so I really want to try this diet. I have gained most of my weight around the middle section of the body, so I think this way of eating will be beneficial to me. Also, what kind of salad dressings can you have on salads. I usually buy Ranch, is that ok? Thanks for any advice. Cindy

Old 03-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #19
    scarlett_moon

scarlett_moon HB User
    Thumbs up Re: South Beach Do's and Don'ts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Howitt44
    what kind of salad dressings can you have on salads. I usually buy Ranch, is that ok? Thanks for any advice. Cindy
    Wish Bone has a new Carb Option Dressing out my sister called she is a ranch A Holic They have a Ranch.She said she liked it so she is a picky eater so it should be ok.Kroger or Wal Mart you should find it.
    Wednesday I am starting full blow on SB I have been trying to cut out my carbs and sugars day by day.My weight is around the same area as yours and with summer coming up I dont want it.My sister has been on this for a month and she has lost 15 lbs.But it looks like so much more.She looks great and that is why I am joining her.I should of done it first myself.Her face is so thin now and she doesnt look so tired all the time and her attitude is SO much better now.

Also SB has a new updated book out and recipe cook book at wal mart.

Best Of Luck

Old 04-04-2004, 05:30 AM   #20
    MaryFran
    (female)

MaryFran HB User
    Wink Re: South Beach Do's and Don'ts

Am I eating too much of the approved foods?

Old 04-04-2004, 05:40 AM   #21
    MaryFran
    (female)

MaryFran HB User

I have been on the SB diet for 3 days now. I eat more than the quantities called for in the recipes. I eat only from the Approved list for phase 1 but am I eating too much, since I usually eat more than what is on the suggest daily diet. Thanks for any advice. MaryFran

Old 04-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #22
    silnil

silnil HB User

what i know is that you are supposed to eat as much until you are full...that doesn't mean eat until your mental hunger is filled, but eat until your physical hunger is met.

for the constipation, make sure to eat your green vegetables. Those are what provide the essential fibers that your body needs.

Closed Thread