HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   how can she not drink water? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/327285-how-can-she-not-drink-water.html)

stay2gether 09-25-2005 07:25 AM

how can she not drink water?

hi i was round at my friends house last night and i was drinking a glass of water when she said ugh....why do people drink water? its digusting i never drink it, i only drink pop!!!! and she also drinks alchol every week too..

she hasnt got the best of diets either...and eats alot of processed food...

so my question is how can her body survive and go on like this? she seems to be fairly healthy too

i could never survive like this...

YaYa04 09-25-2005 08:10 AM

Re: how can she not drink water?

[QUOTE=stay2gether]hi i was round at my friends house last night and i was drinking a glass of water when she said ugh....why do people drink water? its digusting i never drink it, i only drink pop!!!! and she also drinks alchol every week too..

so my question is how can her body survive and go on like this? she seems to be fairly healthy too

i could never survive like this...[/QUOTE]She is probably getting her water in other ways.

cookiepls 09-25-2005 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=stay2gether]hi i was round at my friends house last night and i was drinking a glass of water when she said ugh....why do people drink water? its digusting i never drink it, i only drink pop!!!! and she also drinks alchol every week too..

i could never survive like this...[/QUOTE]Her body survives like that because she's still young. Unfortunately, it'll catch up to her eventually. I didn't drink water for years. I did drink a lot of milk and fruit juice though. Water tastes horrible to me-at least tap water does. I'll drink bottled water now at least. Her only source of water right now is coming from the pop and some foods. Her penalty in the future will be serious dental problems, possibly a weight problem, premature aging, and a host of other medical problems. When we're young, our bodies are able to withstand a great deal of punishment, but that abuse catches up to us when we get older. And we ALL get older. Maybe you could be a positive influence on your friend. You sound like you really care about her well-being.

Here's a little science project that might wake her up to drinking too much pop. You might already be familiar with this one. Take two glasses or cups, fill one with water, and the other with her favorite pop. Now drop a chicken bone or steak bone in each glass. Leave them to soak for a few days, then when you pull the bones out of the glasses she'll see what the acid in the pop is doing to her teeth.

xismybaby 09-27-2005 05:34 PM

How could any human not like water?? It's just mind-boggling!!!

I dont know how anyone can drink soda, now thats disgusting :eek:

She's probably been drinking soda for so long that thats the only think that tastes natural and good to her (which is extremely bad). Maybe she might like water with added fresh lemon to it.

She may seem to be fairly healthy because shes probably young, but chances are shes not as healthy as she looks. She can survive drinking what she does because its liquid.

Tell her how disgusting soda is and that she NEEDS to drink water!!!

Darby01 09-27-2005 09:47 PM

I went YEARS of not drinking water. I drank only pop. I'm now 45 years old and about 2 years ago I started having problems. I used to do endurance riding on horses also. In the summer heat not keeping hydrated - BIG mistake. Hmmm.. and at first I wondered why after each race (50 mile races) I had massive headaches and nauseaus.
I dehydrated myself so badly a couple of times that I ended up in the hospital getting IV fluids.
Well, I'm paying for it now. My gall bladder was screwed up along with other things.
I HATE drinking water but I'm doing it. I carry around my Nalgene water bottle and I force it down. I haven't had any pop now and it's been about 6 months. I don't really crave it anymore. I might have one every couple weeks.
At first when I started drinking water -- I thought it was so weird to have to pee every couple hours! LOL. I was used to only going once or twice a day.
I wonder how my body survived all the abuse I did to it.

grits75 10-04-2005 02:54 PM

I worked for a doctor who never drinks water. He only drinks Tab (old 80's diet soda). His wife is my doctor and she confirmed for me that he truly never drinks water.

Oh and he's very obese too.

YaYa04 10-05-2005 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=grits75]I worked for a doctor who never drinks water. He only drinks Tab (old 80's diet soda). His wife is my doctor and she confirmed for me that he truly never drinks water.

Oh and he's very obese too.[/QUOTE]He probably gets his water intake from other foods. I'm really surprised that a doctor would drink that stuff. Tab contains saccharin which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals.