It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Atkins and headache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2004, 04:18 PM   #46
    Korn

Korn HB User
    Re: Atkins and headache?

I'm 5'5"-5'6" 170lbs, about as weak (muscle wise) as a 7 year old girl...*not to offend any 7 year old girls here?* . So I have a pretty good sized beer belly.

I'm hoping to lose a great deal of that weight by the summer. Is that possible with Atkins and about an hour of the air strider (its one of those walking gliding machines that...I think there's a popular one called the gazelle? I know nothing about exercise so I hoped that helped) are those cardio?
    and about 45 min of "weight training" (I don't know about that either...I have a really ooooold barbell from my dad when he himself was a teen, but its very heavy and has tons of those plates that you put on them)...I would assume that curling it toward yourself standing, pulling it up, and laying on your back pushing up will work? because I'd really like to get some good muscle definition going on eventually.
    I do plan on staying on Atkins after I lose all the weight too

btw- how long would I be able to stay on the induction being as I've got the huge gut?
    oh, and do I really need to go see a doctor first about potential kidney problems? I've never had anything wrong with that...other than the gut and the no muscles I think everything else is fine.

Last edited by Korn; 01-06-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #47
    beebop_71

beebop_71 HB User

If you are concerned, go see a dr first.Personally, I did not before I started as I had no health problems. You do induction for 2 weeks at NO LESS than 20 carbs a day. After the 2 weeks, you start adding in 5 carbs per week. As long as you are losing, you can keep adding each week. Do not stay on induction past the 2 week point. This is important. You can do 20-30 carbs a day and be ok. If you are excercising, you will need to up your carbs a little. Also, do not start excercising during induction.

Weights are good and the machine is cardio, yes.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:58 PM   #48
    Korn

Korn HB User

don't exercise during induction? what happens if I do?
    I can handle being a little sore and tired

Old 01-13-2004, 05:35 AM   #49
    Invincible

Invincible HB User

I'm starting Adkins today - I have the book and a carb counter. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - it was a most interesting and educating debate.

Be well!

Old 01-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #50
    Korn

Korn HB User

I've lost 5lbs, its been 4 days...and I feel better than ever. I'm taking fiber pills, my intestines are fine...I'm thinking clearer...and no headaches

Old 01-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #51
    Invincible

Invincible HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Korn
    I've lost 5lbs, its been 4 days...and I feel better than ever. I'm taking fiber pills, my intestines are fine...I'm thinking clearer...and no headaches
    I'm taking the psyllum capsules b4 meals - and I've been here 2.5 days now and no headaches. I am drinking loads of water and herbal teas.

I wasn't a big caffeine user anyway - maybe the headaches are to do with giving up caffeine - and possible allergens/toxins from corn/wheat etc.

Oh - and 4lbs has come off in 2 days on 1,800 calories a day. :-)

Closed Thread