It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• How to rid Sorbitol

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 AM   #1
    6foot3
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

6foot3 HB User
    How to rid Sorbitol

This queston is for all especially for Lenin or lisa(moxie 75) Can the body remove Sorbitol.Yrs of body building in the 1980's-90's eating 5000-6000 cals a day and 500-600 gms of carbs (Muscle and Fitness mag recomendation) ruined my health.Now i eat a 40/30/30/ diet and take tons of anti inflammatory Lipids and Methylcolamin and doing great.How ever any type of carb's even to much oatmeal bothers me.So the people at the health food store where i shop said i probably have excess amounts of Sorbitol on my nerve endings and since nerves dont replace them selves like red blood cells due (90 days A1c) how can i remove Sorbitol.They did recommend Quercetin. any other ideas !! thanks! harry!

Last edited by 6foot3; 11-29-2005 at 06:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
    Moxie75
    Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
    Re: How to rid Sorbitol

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6foot3
    This queston is for all especially for Lenin or lisa(moxie 75) Can the body remove Sorbitol.Yrs of body building in the 1980's-90's eating 5000-6000 cals a day and 500-600 gms of carbs (Muscle and Fitness mag recomendation) ruined my health.Now i eat a 40/30/30/ diet and take tons of anti inflammatory Lipids and Methylcolamin and doing great.How ever any type of carb's even to much oatmeal bothers me.So the people at the health food store where i shop said i probably have excess amounts of Sorbitol on my nerve endings and since nerves dont replace them selves like red blood cells due (90 days A1c) how can i remove Sorbitol.They did recommend Quercetin. any other ideas !! thanks! harry!
    Before I would take that I would look for healthier alternatives such as a gallblader/liver, metal, and candida cleanses. I have read in many of my anti inflammatory books that these are the real keys to a good cleanse and getting the PH in your body adjusted. Also infared saunas are great for cleanising toxins. Here iswhat I found on Quercetin:
    Quercetin appears to be quite safe. However, concerns have been raised that under some circumstances it might raise cancer risk. Quercetin "fails" a standard laboratory test called the Ames test, which is designed to identify chemicals that might be carcinogenic. Nonetheless, a bad showing on the Ames test does not definitely mean a chemical causes cancer. Most other evidence suggests that quercetin does not cause cancer, and may in fact help prevent cancer. 19,20,21 Still, one highly preliminary study suggests that quercetin combined with other bioflavonoids in the diet of pregnant women might increase the risk of infant leukemia. 22 On this basis, pregnant women should probably avoid quercetin supplements. Maximum safe dosages for young children, nursing women, or people with serious liver or kidney disease have not been established.

I just had a great workout and then ate steel cut oats ( i cannot handle regular oats) with maple syrup, peanut butter and flaxseed and wheat germ and now I'm heading over to my health food guru to inquire about the candida cleanse now.. I just had a thought I have had tennis elbow for a few months now I wonder if that could raise my CRP? oops that may be for a different board..Good Luck Harry, Lisa

Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
    amethystle
    (female)

amethystle HB User

Moxie,

Why can you handle steel cut oats and not regular oats?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:30 AM   #4
    Moxie75
    Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amethystle
    Moxie,

Why can you handle steel cut oats and not regular oats?
    I think because they are processed I'm not really sure but when I eat the oats that are pre-papackaged even the kashi brand they tend to give me heartburn and leave me feeling hungry soon after. I know that the steel cut oats assimilate in your body slower releasing insulin at an even level throughout digestion so maybe that is it. I have changed all my carbs to whole grains and of course fruits and veggies and it has been a world of difference for me..Lisa

Old 11-30-2005, 03:45 AM   #5
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6foot3
    This queston is for all especially for Lenin or lisa(moxie 75) Can the body remove Sorbitol.Yrs of body building in the 1980's-90's eating 5000-6000 cals a day and 500-600 gms of carbs (Muscle and Fitness mag recomendation) ruined my health.Now i eat a 40/30/30/ diet and take tons of anti inflammatory Lipids and Methylcolamin and doing great.How ever any type of carb's even to much oatmeal bothers me.So the people at the health food store where i shop said i probably have excess amounts of Sorbitol on my nerve endings !

Forcing 5000-6000 calories is a nightmare...how high did your weight balloon to?
    Anyhoo, if you are eating a 40/30/30 diet...sounds like THE ZONE...then you ARE eating 40% carbs. I don't understand what you mean by "any type of carb seems to bother me." If you mean that CEREALS tend to bother you, then you might have an allergy/intolerance to some of them...lots of people do.

The "sorbitol on the nerve endings...take quericitin" is complete nonsense and explains why whoever told you that is working as a clerk. Those clerks generally have enough trouble finding the prices of the things they sell...the thought of them diagnosing people is SCARY!
    Don't give your old sorbitol another thought...it's gone.
    By the way, I think that ZONE balance (40-30-30) is a good way to eat.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-30-2005 at 03:47 AM.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:31 AM   #6
    6foot3
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

6foot3 HB User

Thanks for the advice guys!! First lisa your correct about Candida, for yrs i had terrible athletes foot and jock itch down my legs just thought that was from gym, also white coated tongue with bumps , then stumbled across a book ''The Fungus Link'' by Doug Kaufmann which opened my eyes about high sugar consumption and antiobiotics destroying the intestinal fora and candida growth.Thats all under control now. Secondly thanks for info on Sorbitol Lenin.That is a lot of cals , back in 1985 just out of navy at 21 yrs old 6 foot 3 145 lbs i was terribly skinny , just genetics never been fat and everyone in my family is tall and skinny! Was just ignorant about proper diet back then !! harry!

Closed Thread