It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Fat Flush Plan?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User
    Fat Flush Plan?

Has anyone tried the Fat Flush Plan? I just bought the book and wondered if anyone had positive results from it. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
    Sonflower1116
    (female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
    Re: Fat Flush Plan?

I love the Fat Flush Plan. I will never go on another diet!

I found the Fat Flush Plan 3 years ago. I successfully lost 33lbs and 28 inches in 5 months. I'm now on phase 3 protocol. My weight will fluctuate a few lbs depending on holiday indulgences. Most people who follow the phase 1 protocol (liver detoxing) have experienced as much as a 10 lb loss the first 2 weeks. Phase 2 is continued weight loss and phase 3 is lifestyle maintenance. Besides dealing with liver detox and weight loss, the Fat Flush Plan also helps you to find hidden allergies and intolerances. Wheat and dairy are just 2 that many find they have an intolerance to and didn't realize it until they eliminated them from their diet for a few months and then had reactions when they were re-introduced in phase 3. I discovered that I had intolerances to dairy, citric acid and nightshade veggies. Now I know why I felt so bad before Fat Flush.

It's the most healthful lifestyle eating plan that I have ever been on. Ann Louise Gittleman is very knowledgeable about detoxing the liver and subsequent weight loss/maintenance. She is a gracious and lovely lady and works continuously to help spread the word about the importance of a healthy liver and healthy eating, with some exercising, primarily rebounding and walking, though you can do other forms of exercising too.

Check out her message board for lots of help, encouragement, inspiration and support and loads of recipes. There are lots of testimonies from successful Fat Flushers posted there. I know many of them personally, and have met several in person. I was a Moderator for over a year.

While it seems a little complicated at first, it soon becomes a natural way of food preparation and eating in a more healthy way. Once you start reading the book, you probably won't be able to put it down. I read it through in a day and knew immediately that it was what I had been looking for. I hope you find it as interesting and decide to give it a try.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 02-15-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #3
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User

Thanks Sonflower!
    I am worried about the lack of carbs though...I know not eating them will help me to lose weight but I feel addicted to them! Right now, and for the last year or two, I have adjusted to whole wheat bread on occasion, hardly any bagels, but regular pasta at least once a week...I'm thinking that's my big downfall. But I am willing to cut it out for the time being, provided I lose some weight. I am thinking that as soon as I start eating them again though, I will gain the weight back, as that has happened before when I tried Atkins.
    Also, I'm a vegetarian of sorts, (I don't eat red meat, pork, or ham). Are the menu plans easy to supplement? Are the menus easy period?
    I am about to start an IVF cycle and I'm also an avid spinner at the gym, even though I haven't seen results really. I'm worried that combined with a possible pregnancy, and the amount of exercise I try to accomplish, this plan may not be right for me, especially because of the carb thing....but 33 pounds and 28 inches, that's mighty impressive! I'll check out the sight. And thanks again for posting!

Old 02-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
    Sonflower1116
    (female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

When you read the book you'll find that there are some low-glycemic veggie carbs that are UNLIMITED in all phases.

You're only restricted from certain foods for the initial 2-week phase 1 detox, then you move into phase 2, weight loss phase, and you get to gradually add in a slice of bread, sweet potatoes, winter squash, etc. Though you choose not to eat red meat you are allowed chicken, turkey and fish and 2 servings of tempeh or tofu, plus two servings a day of lactose-free whey protein, which we make delicious ice cream-like smoothies, (they include frozen fruit) in all phases. Pork is not included in any phase because it can contain many toxins/diseases.

The exercising limits only apply to the phase 1 detox because of it's restrictions. When you're detoxing, your body is working hard to rid itself of toxins and your energy level is not at it's maximum. There are some detox side effects but they generally subside after a few days. Like, if you drink a lot of coffee or cokes, you will experience withdrawal headaches, etc.

I can't tell you how great you will feel when you've completed the detoxing phase 1. Lots of energy, clear mind and a general over-all feeling of better health.

If you think you're pregnant, we suggest you start with phase 3 until after you've given birth, and subsequent breast feeding, if you decide to do so. You will still lose weight, just not as fast, and you'll have a better chance of having a healthy baby.

I was amazed at how many foods I was intolerant to and didn't know it, and then when I eliminated them from my diet I could really tell the difference. Now, if I give in and eat something I shouldn't (like red bell peppers, which I love) I can really tell how much they make me feel terrible, with many side effects. After a while, you just decide that it's not worth eating if you know it's going to make you sick. A general malaise/no energy/tired feeling can mean that you are intolerant to something you've eaten in the past few days. The Fat Flush Plan helps you to find these hidden intolerances.

I wish you the best as you seek to find the right plan for you.

Closed Thread