It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Vegetables and stomach pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
    Tabitha111
    (female)

Tabitha111 HB User
    Question Vegetables and stomach pain

Hi I have recently started Weight Watchers and have been trying ton incorporate more veggies into my diet. One a few occassions and tonight, I got stomach pain basically right after eating a large portion of vegetables. At first I just thought I got the stomach pain from eating broccoli, but then it happened again after I ate two bowls of raisin bran. This evening for dinner I had a plain chicken breast, rice and lots of squash. About 30 minutes later I was running to the bathroom thinking I was going to have hersey squirts, but it was just a ton of GAS. Then I did have more cramping and pain with diarrhea. Could this stomach pain and gas that I get be from eating to many vegetables or fiber at one sitting? The only way to explain the pain is as if someone punched me right in the stomach directly under my ribcage. There is no nausea or an urge to have a bowel movement. Just a very annoying ache. i have had acid reflux before, and these pains are definitely not associated with my reflux. Any advise would be greatful.

~ Tabitha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
    *DottieGirl*
    (female)

*DottieGirl* HB User
    Re: Vegetables and stomach pain

I used to eat the microwave weight watchers, because it was fast. However, now I go the natural route. I buy a steak and then some brocolli and then melt the cheese on top; cheese has no carbs, btw. A glass of vanilla soy milk too. For breakfast, some cereal with all kinds of stuff in it, like nuts, raisins, healthy stuff.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
    Jonistyle2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

yep, fiber can do that! i wouldn't stress too much yet though, as you've just started this healthier way of eating. maybe don't jump 100% into massive quantities of veggies/fiber instantly. go a little slower and increase a little more fiber/veg every couple of days so your body can adjust slowly. it will adjust, it just takes a little time (especially if you're not used to eating lots of fiberous foods) good luck!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
    greenfairy84
    (female)

greenfairy84 HB User

Yeah,you have to start slow with fiber rich foods if you're not used to it.Try taking some beano or anti-gas medicine right before you eat them so your body can digest it better.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
    cad2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cad2 HB User

Fiber does this to me as well, I have been eating very heakthy for years and I can still only tolerate a small amount of biber atone time noting over 6 it seems. I just eat all in small amounts and I don't feel so bad.

Closed Thread