HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   My Boyfriends Mom Is Making Me Eat And Ruining My Diet!! Help! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/434975-my-boyfriends-mom-making-me-eat-ruining-my-diet-help.html)

anonymous08 10-06-2006 07:30 AM

My Boyfriends Mom Is Making Me Eat And Ruining My Diet!! Help!

So i've been doing weight watchers counting my points and I have lost atleast ten pounds. I havent reached my goal but I'm only 10-15 away and I want to be there by christmas. I am great at dieting but I only have one downfall... my boyfriends mother. We eat at her house some weeknights and always for breakfast and dinner on sundays. I try to pick and choose food from what she cooked so that it is properly portioned for me. She has gotten offended before for me not eating her food and accused me of thinking all of her food was fattening. She has also always said I don't eat enough and constantly harrasses me to eat more until i've eatin well over my diet. She's a bigger lady and I'm not really big. I have tried the following which never worked:
1. telling her I already ate
2. fed some of it to the dogs under the table (haha)
3. telling her i'm full

PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT A WAY I CAN SOLVE THIS SO I CAN EAT THERE WITHOUT BEING BOTHERED!!

Misty800 10-06-2006 07:53 AM

Re: My Boyfriends Mom Is Making Me Eat And Ruining My Diet!! Help!

No one can make you eat!! You are in control of what you put in your body regardless of what others say to you. Do what you should for your own health.

No doubt your boyfriend's mother has an above normal appetite and what she sees you eat seems like a very small portion.

Tell her you are on a certain diet and will stick with it since it is helping you lose weight. Do not give up your control of your own body.

Why do you eat there so often? Limit how often you have meals with your boyfriend's parents.

If you were to marry this boyfriend, would you want his family calling the shots in your life? If not, stop it right now, do not allow it, be in control in a nice/pleasant way. Do not relinquish control of yourself to others.

lkshade 10-06-2006 07:56 AM

I'm sure you have already thought of this but you could save some (or all) of your weekly allowance points for the Saturday breakfast and Sunday dinners and try to earn some activity points to use for the weeknights.

I would also explain to her that although you really like her cooking, you have worked hard to lose the ten pounds and would like to see it through to meet your weight loss goal, and the way to do that is through portion control. She will either understand or she won't. You stated that she is a bigger lady, maybe somehow you can get her interested in going to a WW meeting? [removed]

tealdreams 10-06-2006 09:33 AM

be honest with her. explain to her that you are on a special diet and that you have to take extra precautions. if she is offended then that is her misery she has to live with not yours. you have made a choice to better your life. who the heck is she to ruin that?

why is honesty so hard this day in age?

Choquis 10-10-2006 04:35 PM

Ever notice that people don't like to hear the truth? The truth-sayer is always the bad guy... Just a thought.

jo5086 10-11-2006 04:47 AM

could you explain to her (at a time you are not eating) the diet? if she joins too, great, if not just explain that an overindulgence in any food, whether it be fruit or fattening food is not good on your diet? i wonder if she would have the patience to listen