It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Itchy throat after consuming wheat = gluten sensitivity?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
    MachOneMustang
    (male)

MachOneMustang HB User
    Question Itchy throat after consuming wheat = gluten sensitivity?

Hey Guys,

I have recently begun to dabble with the notion that I may very well be gluten sensitive, but am not totally sure. Though I'm aware of bloating, gas, and a shift in bowel movements after consuming wheat products (specifically whole wheat), I am not entirely sure this is enough evidence as I lack many of the other symptoms associated with gluten sensitivity/Celiac disease, such as severe abdominal pain and depression. I should note, however, that I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis, an often said by-product of a more serious gluten sensitivity. I am a 20 year old male.

However, something that I have noticed more recently is a sensation that I experience in my throat almost immediately following the consumption of wheat or it's inherent products, which can be categorized as nothing more of a subtle tickling. I am positive I do not experience this sensation after every meal, as it became apparent to me after consuming wheat.

My question to you is this: could this phenomenon be a more definitive confirmation of a gluten deficiency. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
    thyme2b
    (female)

thyme2b HB User
    Re: Itchy throat after consuming wheat = gluten sensitivity?

I don't know if the tickle could indicate a gluten sensitivity, but I've recently tested positive for this myself. You can get a blood test to see if you have the gluten antibodies. It would be important to find out, because ignoring it can have very bad effects longer term.

Closed Thread