It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Salt substitute

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #46
    rita
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rita HB User
    Re: Salt substitute

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bev92 View Post
    Once again...

"There are all kinds of sea salts out there, not-so-good & excellent. Sea salt from your local grocery store is most likely dead as well, and definitely not unrefined. Special sea salt found on the net that comes from France for example (Grey), is highly beneficial." Bev92.

You're referring to the store bought sea salt, again. Yes, store bought sea salt is worthless, you made that point quite clear.

No, Bev. I wasn't referring to just store bought sea salt. I was referring to ANY sea salt. It doesn't matter whether it comes from France (and costs a lot more due to clever marketing techniques) or whether it comes from the farthest corner of the world, or even straight from the sea. The chemical composition of sea salt remains more or less the same. It is always approximately 98% NaCl ( sodium chloride).
    What makes a certain sea salt taste better and look different than another is the 2% of additional minerals. These do vary from one sea salt to another and the area where it is harvested, and influence the taste and color.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread