It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Cheerios Concoction...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
    LS289
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LS289 HB User
    Cheerios Concoction...

Every morning (just about) I wake up excited about eating breakfast! It's like I'm even looking forward to it before I even go to bed - first of all, is that normal? Haha.

I basically eat the same thing every morning:
    1 cup honey nut cheerios
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    and a banana (cut up in it).

I LOVE this breakfast, but I'm scared that I'm eating too much. Most people don't even eat breakfast and it makes me feel like I'm overeating....

I should add that I'm in post-recovery from an eating disorder and restriction is not an option for me. It's not the best idea for me to tell myself I can't have certain things....

Should I continue with this breakfast or try something lighter?

(I also run or spin most days....)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
    zevi8
    (male)

zevi8 HB User
    Smile Re: Cheerios Concoction...

HI,
    I personally think you are not eating enough. I would suggest maybe eating a slice of whole wheat bread with this breakfast. You can also add more fruit. Most fruit wont make you fat. Try adding an apple. You can also try some vegetables. Maybe a salad? I consume almost half my calorie intake at breakfast. Let me know what you think. I can help you plan something if you want.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: Cheerios Concoction...

IF you like it and IF you are in an ED recovery, that is a good breakfast with generous calories and adequate protein. About 350 calories (and another 75 from the presumed milk?)

Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
    LS289
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LS289 HB User

Zevi - do you really think I am not eating enough at breakfast? I feel like this is a really big breakfast and most people I know don't even eat anything! It's still hard for me to be OK with eating when others are not eating...but I understand how important breakfast is and I definitely want to keep it in my routine.

Lenin - thank you for your advice. I think you are right.

Today was a typical day that included this breakfast. What do you think of everything?

Breakfast: 1 cup cheerios, 1 banana, 1/2 cup LF cottage cheese, coffee with skim milk
    Snack: Cherries, 1 bite of a friend's coffee cake (oops)
    Lunch: Chicken pita (chicken, lettuce, tomato, bbq sauce, pickles)
    Snack: Apple, rice cakes (3), more cherries
    Dinner: Chicken rice bowl with brown rice (chicken, vegetables, brown rice)
    Dessert: Frozen yogurt with cocoa krispies topping

EXERCISE: 3.5 mi Run

I am constantly snacking throughout the day, and, although it is usually on grapes, apples, pretzels, and healthy items, it makes me feel gross. Is it OK to be constanty eating like this or should I focus on my main meals?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #5
    PinstripedBabe
    (female)

PinstripedBabe HB User

Hey LS!!!!! remeber me?!?

First, I want to start off saying that im now in therapy and i have made tremendous progress! something that i have learned in recovery is to listen to your body. i know, i know, for people like us, easier said then done BUT, think of it like this...If you eat when your hungry and keep eating until you are full, your satisfying and nourishing YOUR body to meet YOUR specific needs. If you go by what other people are eating, then you'll be giving your body the fuel that would be correct for another person..not YOU. Your body can only function correctly when you give it the fuel that it needs. i hope you get through this..keep going strong and update often. I'm sorry for not being around as much but the eating disorder recovery forums are rediculous now. they're almost all triggers. Well, i hope you have a great day

ps. just wondering, have you heard anything from joni recently?? I get scared sometimes thinking about it.

Closed Thread