It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Pomegranate= Bad Breath?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
    frankieb
    (male)

frankieb HB User
    Pomegranate= Bad Breath?

Hey everyone

I love anything pomegranate, the tea, the fruit itself, the juice etc One thing though, my partner is convinced that anytime I eat/drink pomegranate, my breathe is foul for days on end after. Is this true at all, does anyone know if pomegranate has such an effect on breath?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Pomegranate= Bad Breath?

I love pomegranate, and I've never heard of or experienced such a thing.

Maybe you should just not let your partner see the pomegranate? Or brush afterward?

Maybe it's just the sugar? Try rinsing with 3% hydrogen peroxide once a day, it's far more effective at preventing bad breath than commercial mouthwashes such as listerine. (yes, it's safe, yes, dentists recommend it.)

Old 05-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Re: Pomegranate= Bad Breath?

I agree.. I've never had this problem with pomegranate. Unless you really eat a LOT of it, or maybe your partner just doesn't care for the scent of the fruit.

I'd try some of the tips Janewhite1 gave! It's a bummer to have to give up a healthy food you enjoy. I agree that maybe it is the sugar. After eating anything sugary, I like to brush my teeth and tongue right afterwards or I feel the sugar leaves a coating in my mouth and on my teeth. This is why I don't like regular sodas! Many people I know don't notice it, but I guess some of us are pickier than others.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 05-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Closed Thread