It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Salty Lips

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
    whit3
    (female)

whit3 HB User
    Salty Lips

OK so for the last 2 weeks or so i've started dieting and exercising. I eat between 1300-1500cals a day. I dont put salt in anything I cook. But as of late i've been having the problem of salty tasting lips. They dry out very quickly and taste salty. They also start cracking not badly, just small cracks occasionally.

I drink 750ml of water while i'm at work (8hrs a day) and then drink maybe 500ml of diet coke of an evening. I don't do any strenuous exercise, just walking the puppy.

Do I need more water or is it something wrong with my diet? Or something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
    rheanna
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
    Re: Salty Lips

whit3,

The first thing that occurs to me is that you might not be getting enough fats in your diet. Certain vitamins (A, D, E) can be utilized by the body only if we are also eating fat, regardless of how much of these vitamins we're eating. So my question is, are you including some good oils or oily foods in your diet -- like nuts and seeds and avocados and some olive oil or canola oil on your salads?

--Rheanna

Closed Thread