It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• skim vs fat free milk

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
    tjosefiak
    (female)

tjosefiak HB User
    skim vs fat free milk

I have stayed away from skim milk because it had a distinct smell and taste over that of ay 1% milk, which I drink. However, now there is a fat free milk on the shelves now and I see less of skim milk labels. I do not think they are the same because fat free milk tastes nothing like the skim milk of the past. Have they changed the flavor of the skim milk. Again, skim milk had a bad smell and bad taste but fat free does not. I need to know. Very confusing - no one really had the answer. Can you help??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Re: skim vs fat free milk

Skim just means fat free, but maybe your grocery store has improved the flavor of the milk over the years as they repackaged the milk. I find that certain brands of fat free or skim taste MUCH better than others. One kind of milk had a weird almost sweet taste that I hated. It tasted like something was wrong with it to me. I actually drink Lactaid because I can no longer drink regular milk or I get bad stomach problems, and the fat free doesn't have any weird taste to me. For regular milk and not Lactaid, I'd recommend trying an organic brand. They may cost a little more, but the flavor was great (no weird tastes!) and it stayed fresher for longer. Plus, no artificial growth hormones and they often have added vitamins and/or minerals. It's worth a try!

Closed Thread