HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Heart Fluttering/Palpatations (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/673062-heart-fluttering-palpatations.html)

jennalynn52 02-22-2009 10:18 AM

Heart Fluttering/Palpatations

Hey Everyone....i was having heart flutters, and it would scare me to death, i thought i was having a heart attack, so i went into the ER and they hooked me up to a EKG and said my heart rate was normal, so that made me feel a little bit better, but then as soon as it would flutter again i would get so scared, so i went in to see my family doctor and i told her about the fluttering sensations , she wanted me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, so thats what i did, but for bad news there was something wrong with the heart monitor and now i have to re-take it, but im not experiencing the fluttering anymore, every once in a great while my heart kinda feels like its beating differently, but i just take it as nothing to worry about, seems the EKG came back normal, so then i went to see my family doctor again for my periods, she wanted to draw my blood, to check my hormones, and everything came back normal besides my humagloban was a little low, so she wants me to take a multi-vitamin once a day, so thats what i have been doiing, she also put me on some axiety medicine, where i take a half of pill 2 times a day, i think that is what stopped my heart palpations from coming so frequent but im not for sure, i still wanna re-take the monitor just to be on the safe side...she also told me to stay away from caffiene, coffee, chocolate, and go on a strict healthy balanced diet, and excersice a lot more, so i started out walking 2-3 times a day for about 20-30 minutes each, and i think that helped me out too, so maybe you should try some of these things, and i hope you found out the problem to why you are getting these flutters too, if you know any kind of information about this..plz let me know. Thanks.

~Jenna~

TEdds83 02-22-2009 03:04 PM

Re: Heart Fluttering/Palpatations

Are you at the age where you could be going through perimenopause? Like 40 or so? I am 44 and have heart palpatations from time to time. My hormones are flexuating alot. It is scary when this happens. But they say they are harmless. Try not to panic ok. You doctor is right, cutting back on caffeine and chocolate will really help to. You'll be ok. This is quite common.

jennalynn52 02-23-2009 06:43 PM

No i am only 20 years old...these fluttering things lasted for about 9 days...and for the past like week or so...i havnt had these flutters..only like my heart was beating a little differently....but i am now on the heart monitor again for 24 hours..everytime i get up out of the chair or something..my heart beats faster...or for instance when i walk up the stairs to my bedroom..my heart beats soo much..i can feel it pounding when i barely put my hand on my heart...i hope soon to get to the bottom of this..if you know anything else let me know..:angel:

polkaadot 02-25-2009 02:58 AM

jenna - I've definitely experienced this before due to several medical conditions that caused me basically ALL kinds of nutritional deficiencies ESP b12, iron and folate. i was basically anemic and had symptoms from all of the descriptions of a deficiency/severe deficiency. they can all cause heart palpatations and irregular heart beats etc, plus short of breath and all. i felt EXACTLY the same when i was walking up stairs and getting up from a sitting position, like my heart would beat SO FAST and i couldnt breathe normally - kind of like a feeling as if your not getting enough oxygen and about to die!

But yea, so all the blood tests came back normal? if you havent done for an iron, b12 or folate, please tell your doc to check those up w a blood test. it could possibly be a deficiency.

good luck :):)

jennalynn52 02-25-2009 12:21 PM

Oh...well i did get my hormones checked and she said everything was fine...except my humagloban was a little low,and she wanted me to take a multi-vitamin with IRON in it...so thats what ive been doiing...since the 10 of this month....she also put me on some anxiety medicine...busapor or something like that...where i take half a pill twice a day...ive been takin for about 2 n a half weeks...and i dont see anything different, besides that my heart does flutter anymore it kinda "jumps" like it wants out....Hmm weird..ha..but yeh i dont even know what b-12 or folate is, i never asked but i will ask her again...thanks for replyin..i really appreciate it...hope all is well with you....

alice52 02-26-2009 06:30 PM

my thyroid doctor (endocrinologist) told me
my heart flutters
were from my thyroid being out of whack. Its
been corrected and I don't get the flutters in
my heart anymore. It was quite scary until I
knew what it was.

jennalynn52 02-27-2009 08:23 AM

Oh Really?. Well My Thyriod Is Completly Fine. I Got It Checked Twice Now..;) I Just Feel Really Blah, My Head Is Constantly Spinning. I Dunno
If Its The Medicine I Was Perscribed Or What. :dizzy:

louise webster 02-16-2010 04:40 AM

Hey i have read your messages im 28 and have started having flutters the last 3 days only today its worse they are constant allday withshort gaps between them i am going to the doctors but am really worried about it have you any advice on what i can do?
I am a smoker and i am not overweight im fairly active as i have a young child and am a student full time too, its like my heart skips a beat and i can feel it beating like a flutter in my chest and throat if you can help in any way i would be very greatful
thank you louise

angel011089 02-16-2010 05:37 AM

hi i am 43 i have had pvc for about 3 maybe 4 years I have had many test I was told there pvc not to worry about them alot of plp have them we just all dont feel them but if they get real bad like u say urs are they can put u on a betta blocker that can slow them dwn even stop them I have done that before pls ask your dr about this ok but try not to worry stress is not good for the flutters either lol good luck hope this helped God Bless