It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Can Mega Multi-Vitamin Powder cause heart Palpitations?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #1
    1GirlTwinBoys
    (female)

1GirlTwinBoys HB User
    Question Can Mega Multi-Vitamin Powder cause heart Palpitations?

I started having them 6 weeks ago for the first time when I started this powder vitamin. I came off it on Saturday and have felt so much better since then. I just realized a few days ago that it all started around the time I started taking that so I decided to stop and see for myself. I have been to the Dr. & even the ER and my heart all checked out fine EKG, 24 hour monitor & all kinds of blood work. The Dr's & pharmacist all say the vitamins would not do this because there are no herbs in it.

Any experience with this? Also, how long would it take for the vitamins to get completely out of my body after stopping the powder?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Can Mega Multi-Vitamin Powder cause heart Palpitations?

Overdosing on B vitamins can definitely cause heart palpitations. That should only happen at dosages substantially higher than those in most vitamins, but you could just be sensitive.

B vitamins are water-soluble and leave the body within a few days at most. Hope you continue to feel better.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Can Mega Multi-Vitamin Powder cause heart Palpitations?

1GirlTwinBoys,

Why take Mega Multi-Viamin Powder? I never heard of this before but it sounds like there could be a risk of taking too much. Was it recommended by your doctor?

Closed Thread