It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Can't get out of bed. Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
    lulu23
    (female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User
    Re: Can't get out of bed. Please help!

I think a complete "B-complex" would be very helpful for you. B12 is just one of the vitamins that help with mood and energy. You might also want to try "Holy Basil" and/or ashwagandha which are both helpful for energy and the adrenal glands - and safe to use while on medication. A high-quality fish oil would also be super helpful to you (look for one with EPA and DHA - about 1000 mg combined)

So you know, craving sweets is a MAJOR way of your body saying "I need more protein!!" Plus, protein rich foods help boost serotonin and give you more energy. Try to eat lots of raw nuts, wild caught fish, avocadoes. Also, complex carbohydrates like brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
    ST22
    (female)

ST22 HB User

wow lulu you know a lot about this stuff, thank you! That was just my problem....not knowing specifically which foods to eat. What is holy basil?

Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

YES I crave sweets like crazy too when I'm stressed. Usually I crave salty snacks, like chips, but under this year of stress, I keep wanting cupcakes and cookies and donuts... anything like that just about every day! To fight these, I let myself enjoy one every once in a while, and I eat good the other days. I had a few days where I let myself have a small portion of sweets (like a 100 calorie pack of mini cupcakes) each day, but honestly, it made me want them even more. I also felt that I'd get an "energy crash" afterwards... it was very noticeable that I was feeling more tired after eating these! It felt like I was stuck in a cycle... I'd crave the cupcake, eat it, feel good, then get tired... then I'd want another the next day.. and it kept going! I try to keep fruit around. I love strawberries and apples. Those cupcakes actually cost more than buying some fruit anyway! When I'm eating lots of fresh fruits, veggies, and making sure I eat my protein, it does help with energy. Even if I'm not in the mood for it, I make sure to eat some lean meat and get some protein to help me stay satisfied and keep up my energy levels.

PS, the other day I let myself enjoy a delicious cupcake (I only bought one REAL cupcake- not a pack of 100 calorie mini ones) as a special treat for the week. It was much more rich than the smaller ones I tried to eat... I could not eat all of it at once and ate about half, then saved the other half for the next day. Eating a real treat like I was craving and only buying one helped me.. I got to enjoy it and not try to substitute it with something else not as similar, and now I got over my craving! I'll want one again eventually, but I felt like I had enough

Old 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
    ST22
    (female)

ST22 HB User

I hope I'll get to that point too....I'm doing good if I just to eat anything at all. I haven't been eating or hungry and when I do get hungry it's only for sweet things. I would rather not eat than eat something I'm not hungry for. I hate it! I'm in a depression right now...boyfriend and I broke up again.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #20
    ST22
    (female)

ST22 HB User

Thank you for your reply! I do get in a not going out mood and it takes sooo long to get out of it! I just stop wanting to go out, it becomes easier to just stay at home.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #21
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I've found it helpful to even just sit outside! Sometimes just getting some fresh air seems to relax me and help my mood. I will just go sit out on my balcony with my two dogs and just relax! I might take out a magazine with me. Even if it's just 5 or 10 minutes, I feel better afterwards. I was actually reading an article that had a study showing that people tend to have improved moods when getting outside a little bit more. I often am sitting at a desk with fluorescent lighting for much of the day, and this can actually affect your mood! I find going outside to be a great alternative to going OUT someplace. I often don't always want to go to a specific place or deal with going out, so this is a good way to get out, yet stay calm and relax!

Closed Thread