It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• All I want are sweets?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
    dreamer89
    Inactive
    (female)

dreamer89 HB User
    Re: All I want are sweets?

I hear yea, it is a problem for me, tho not like it used to be, to want ice cream. not pie or candy bars do zone bars count as a chocolate bar?

I have to reply to sugar is bad. sugar is not bad it is highly oxidative, like rocket fuel which the brain needs and the other cells need in order to be able to compeltly metabolise fatty acids.

the problem is when the insulin is not working well (for various reasons) and the glucose levels stay to high. then when it reaches 140 plus for too long it starts to stick to things. it turns out that calcium and vita d are essential for cellular communication and when you lack this and enough healthy cholesterol (you can have lots of cholesterol and not be healthy) it being a antioxidant and all you cant transport glucose to the mitrochondria a cell would have to be pretty stupid to let in gluocose when it is so highly oxidative and will damage the cytoplasm without that lipid raft.

myself personally I have been trying all kinds of things to curb sugar cravings, lower gi foods, coconut oil, protein drinks etc. so far I have been able to reduce sugar cravings but not enough to keep from eating ice cream. just crave the stuff at times. not all the time but to much to please me. used to be alot worse.

DD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #17
    leopard777
    (male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User

Sugar is very bad.
    It's a low poison.
    People get addict to it.
    Thatís one of our century main issue. People have a fat body because of it,
    and have difficulties for finding partners. Because of sugar.
    Sugar should be hunted down from our society.

It has a taste issue. A low drug effect.
    The taste of sugar is too high compare to other natural food.
    When you eat often sugar things, then after, other food don't have taste
    anymore.
    Because your taste adapt to this "too high taste".
    Your taste now feel something only when you eat sugar things.
    You don't feel taste pleasure anymore when you eat normal healthy food.

It's a low drug, a poison.
    People are fat because of sugar. Oversleeping makes fat also.
    Cooking with oil doesn't make fat at all. cooking with oil is very healthy and
    tasty.

You can notice that our nowadays sugar, is not a natural things.

But we must enjoy the live at the same time also.
    One chocolate cake, one ice cream a week it's no problems at all. On the contrary itís very good. No
    more.
    People who like to help the humans, taught me that.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #18
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi it is said 6 teaspoons lower the immune system for 4-5 hours. This occurs because the white blood cells do not eat up as many germs in the same amount of time as they would have without the sugar. If a persons immune system lowers this allows a person to catch the flu, colds, viruses, bacteria, fungal infections etc. during this time. The symptoms may not start right away because it takes time for the pathogens to multiply and then cause enough toxin to build up to cause symptoms.

One doctor theorizes that the sugar may make them sticky so they can't move as fast. She says that if a person has the amount of sugar in a shake you might as well go home and go to bed!
    Another author says that sugar clogs the system. In my opinion it would be far preferable to wait until supper time and have a peice of fruit if cravings occur. Self control would be good to develop anyway for the sake of health in my opinion. Snacking will just wreck health of stomach, needed for the health of the rest of the body including the brain.

Closed Thread