It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

Is Breakfast Important?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,029
JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

Originally Posted by 123Kathy View Post
Every morning I am going to my work without having breakfast. I just have launch and dinner most of the time.
So I am asking is breakfast important despite that I feel not hungry to the launch time?
Need your advices….
For the average person, I would agree with everyone else on this thread that breakfast is very important. However, if you are: 1) totally healthy (stable healthy weight etc.) 2) not at all hungry in the morning 3) eating a well balanced healthy lunch and dinner and 4) getting your normal allotment of calories for the day, then I would say that skipping breakfast is okay for you.

There was a man in the news who lived to be about 112 years old. After he died they said he was healthy up until the last two months. He was in the hospital for those two months. Before that he was in an assisted living facility. What surprised me was: The article stated he only ate one meal per day. Although, it's possible that the article may have neglected to mention a snack or two. Perhaps he didn't mention snacks because he didn't consider them to be meals. But even so, it seems impressive that he could have such good health and longevity with less than 3 complete meals per day.

Therefore, I think we shouldn't discount the idea of one or two meals being adequate for some people.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
InShapeAfter50 (09-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 09-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 30
InShapeAfter50 HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

I completely agree with you. Too often we are given advice that does not recognize that individuals are different. What maybe absolutely correct for 90% of the population, is quite wrong for the other 10%. Pay attention to expert advice, but also pay attention to what your body tells you too.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lawson MO USA
Posts: 3
granniebigbotto HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

breakfast is one of the most important meals you can eat. That is why it was once called break your fast. Additionally skipping meals is a sure way to wreck havoc on your thyroid and other adrenal glands which may well put you on medications for the rest of your life. An under active thyroid is one sure way to instant fatigue and almost guaranteed weight gain. Just be sensible with your breakfast and you will enjoy the benefits for the day and many years to come.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saskatoon, canada
Posts: 12
zmyth770 HB User
Re: Is Breakfast Important?

breakfast is important, Even if its simply a slow to digest full of energy bannana, i eat Purely Fruit for brekfast and lunch, and then have a medium sized meal for dinner, with a Small bowl of cerial around 7.30pm

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Sanitarium Up & Go breakfast drinks... are they addictive? graces23 Diet & Nutrition 3 10-22-2012 03:30 AM
Breakfast and health in general GBTY09 Diet & Nutrition 6 02-01-2009 09:54 PM
Low Carb Breakfast munchie11 Diet & Nutrition 21 04-14-2007 02:08 PM
breakfast cereal half-geek Diet & Nutrition 19 01-21-2006 12:12 PM
How essential is eating breakfast? mariannemannina Diet & Nutrition 7 05-23-2005 09:48 AM
Breakfast AnyOne? zabou69 Diet & Nutrition 5 03-04-2005 07:35 AM
Breakfast Guidelines- nedfrin Diet & Nutrition 1 03-03-2005 11:35 AM
Exercise before eating breakfast??? zusanna Diet & Nutrition 3 01-04-2005 06:33 AM
Breakfast... to eat or not to eat.... you know the rest sarah1104 Diet & Nutrition 3 09-26-2003 05:34 PM
Eating breakfast makes me ravenous all day Cheryl3 Diet & Nutrition 7 03-25-2003 07:44 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Site owned and operated by™
© 1998-2018™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!