It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Scared to gain the weight back.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
    samteri
    (female)

samteri HB User
    Question Scared to gain the weight back.

Good morning!

I am 20 years old, & I have lost 25 lbs in the past few months. I went from 140ish to 115ish (I am 5'2.5). I am happy with where I am at, but I am terrified to gain it back.

I go running a lot, & I'll admit, my eating habits have changed a lot.

There would be days where I would eat very little, or days where I would eat more, but then feel super guilty about it.

My meals usually look like this:

Breakfast:

Bowl of dry cereal or Toast w/ Jelly
    Coffee w/ Coffee Mate

Lunch:

Salad Kit (Asian, Pear, Apple, Southern.. all sorts of variety)

Supper:

Differs a lot.. depending on work & time.. usually salad, rice, or a wrap.

For snacks I like corn on the cob, whatever fruit I have, dry cereal or crackers. & I have an XL Caramel Cafe Mocha from Tims daily (it's my obsession.)

I am just so scared I am going to gain the weight back.. any tips & advice to help me overcome this fear? I have suffered from an ED in my highschool years, & I do not want to go back to that. I do, however want to stay how I am for my confidence has sky rocketed big time.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Scared to gain the weight back.

What do you eat for protein? Are you getting enough? Eating a normal amount of lean protein will help to curb your appetite for starches. And it is starches that most people worry about when it comes to weight gain. I think if you eat a good balanced diet, with lots of healthy foods, there will be nothing to fear.

You mentioned a "wrap" and I assume that has some protein, but I'm thinking it might not be enough.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
    Jome
    (male)

Jome HB UserJome HB UserJome HB User

Well done I can fully understand why you wish to stay as you are.

Whilst you were thorough in talking us through your diet you do not mention the proportion of carbs (rice bread etc and is it brown or white ) in your meals.

Also what proportion of your food is composed of fruit?

Please advise so I can be specific in the advice I give.

Don't worry... if you consider your eating habits to be not a diet, but a lifestyle of eating, it will be much easier to subconsciously consider eating for life not being on "A DIET" which is thought of as a way of eating for a period of time only.

Don't use the word diet ever!

Speak soon

Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
    samteri
    (female)

samteri HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    What do you eat for protein? Are you getting enough? Eating a normal amount of lean protein will help to curb your appetite for starches. And it is starches that most people worry about when it comes to weight gain. I think if you eat a good balanced diet, with lots of healthy foods, there will be nothing to fear.

You mentioned a "wrap" and I assume that has some protein, but I'm thinking it might not be enough.
    I don't eat as much proteins as I used too.. when I do, it would be with suppers, such as chicken or somesort. I usually have Fava pita wraps, so I should switch it up for chicken or beef..

Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
    samteri
    (female)

samteri HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jome View Post
    Well done I can fully understand why you wish to stay as you are.

Whilst you were thorough in talking us through your diet you do not mention the proportion of carbs (rice bread etc and is it brown or white ) in your meals.

Also what proportion of your food is composed of fruit?

Please advise so I can be specific in the advice I give.

Don't worry... if you consider your eating habits to be not a diet, but a lifestyle of eating, it will be much easier to subconsciously consider eating for life not being on "A DIET" which is thought of as a way of eating for a period of time only.

Don't use the word diet ever!

Speak soon
    I try not to say "diet!" I personally do not like that word!!

My cereal in the mornings are usually a decent size. I can't go through the day if I had just a mini bowl of cereal. & this go round has been eating mini wheats. Just dry, for I don't have any milk in the townhouse as of right now. I don't measure it, but the bowl is fairly large. It is in the morning where I get majority of my daily carbs.

I try to buy as much fruit as I can, but it can get so expensive! Today I have oranges in my lunch.

My rice is usually just white, & not a huge portion either.. I don't like to measure, because I know I will end up getting obsessive over it, & that is what I am trying to avoid. I am scared I am going to go back to my old, unhealthy ways of counting calories & feeling guilty.

Closed Thread