It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Never hungry, slowly gaining weight?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
    fadedsunrise
    (female)

fadedsunrise HB User
    Never hungry, slowly gaining weight?

If any of you read the knee and hip forum, I am trying to figure out a re-occurring knee problem. One of the things that is probably contributing to it is my weight-I'm roughly 30 lbs overweight.

I used to have binge eating disorder for about 3 yrs when I was younger(now 21). I'm 6', female, 190lbs. I have very low arches, and my joints have been prone to injury since I started being an exercise enthusiast. I'm really not willing to give it up until someone drags me away kicking and screaming and I've exhausted all options to return to past activity levels. Exercise is an unexplainable passion in life...but all exercises hurt when both knees hurt.

People might say that 190lbs is not *that* bad for being 6' tall, but I've been told by my physician a few times that I should consider losing weight to be lower on the BMI scale, it will make it easier for my joints.

That said, I've tried to lose weight and control my binge eating disorder at the same time. Controlled my binge eating disorder, and will only binge these days when I'm extremely frustrated(like now, when I still haven't found a solution for my knee). Will have one cheat meal a week, and 2 frozen yogurts a week. Otherwise I eat cleanly, 3 meals a day and 1 snack.

The problem is I'm never actually hungry when meal or snack time rolls around-I eat because I have to. Also, my weight instead of falling has been creeping up. Since December 2010 I've gained about 7 lbs. There have been no big periods of binge eating-some weeks during the holidays I've worse than others, but nothing longer than a few days. Of course, I've never let up on the regular exercise until my knees forced me to do so.

I'm not usually that cold either, or especially tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: Never hungry, slowly gaining weight?

Do you weigh and measure all food you eat? If not, this would be a starting point to keep from gaining more weight.

It is amazing how our brains play tricks on us. We can serve our plate and it looks like small servings. However, if we were to use a measuring cup and measure the food it would be more than normal serving.

Keep a daily list of all foods and measurements. Total up and see how many calories you have consumed. How balanced were the meals and snacks?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: Never hungry, slowly gaining weight?

Do you weigh and measure all food you eat? If not, this would be a starting point to keep from gaining more weight.

It is amazing how our brains play tricks on us. We can serve our plate and it looks like small servings. However, if we were to use a measuring cup and measure the food it would be more than normal serving.

Keep a daily list of all foods and measurements. Total up and see how many calories you have consumed. How balanced were the meals and snacks?

Closed Thread