It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Sleepyness after lunch

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User
    Sleepyness after lunch

I am suddenly starting to get really tired after lunch at work. I also get hot in the face but not my body. I am not sure if this is just the weather warming up and my body adjusting or what?! I have tried changing what i eat in case its a reaction to wheat, dairy etc but no change. My eyes feel really heavy, and under my eyes and most of the time my face is flushed hot. Is there anything I can eat or take to prevent this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Sleepyness after lunch

Sleepiness after eating, and flushing of the face, could be a reaction to too many carbohydrates in the meal, especially if they are simple carbs. Could be a symptom related to Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes or Insulin Resistance.

I read your post about the loss of your mother. I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. Your mother was a type 1 diabetic. Have you had your blood sugar tested?

⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 06-03-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
    Znky
    (female)

Znky HB User

Thanks, I have had my blood sugar tested through out my life and it has been fine all the time. I was thinking about trying to test it again myself, we still have my mothers testing kit but i would need to change the needle etc and she is not here to tell me how Im not worried enough to go to the doctor yet but next time i do go ill ask about it.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
    Broughy
    (male)

Broughy HB User

Could be your blood sugar levels being low, what's your diet like? It might even be stress.

Broughy

Closed Thread