It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• I'm 17 years old and currently 188 pounds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
    Broughy
    (male)

Broughy HB User
    I'm 17 years old and currently 188 pounds

Hi, I'm 17 years old and currently 188 pounds, I am around 5'9-5'10 height. I work out roughly 3-4 times a week mainly weights but with around 15 mins - 30 mins cardio. My chest is around 39" and my waist is 36"(but somehow fit in 34" jeans). I have broad shoulders and a big back but it all seems to go wrong at my waist. My diet isn't crap, i always drink water and eat lots of protein with veg and fruit but i am partial to the odd takeaway, snacks and beer. Am I to big? Should i lose some weight?

Thanks
    Rob

Last edited by Broughy; 06-16-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
    Re: I'm 17 years old and currently 188 pounds

Greetings Broughy! Welcome to the Diet and Nutrition health boards! I would avoid the beer and the snacking between meals as they do contribute to weight and health problems. Beer does not contribute to a healthy liver and can wreck it over time.

A health professional could also be asked about it. If the beer and extra snacks between meals are avoided perhaps it will change the appearance that has been mentioned. A good healthy daily walk outside in the sun before 10 a.m. or after 2 p.m. for
    an hour a day at least may also be useful. Of course everyone is in charge of their own health. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 06-17-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: deletion made

Old 06-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
    Broughy
    (male)

Broughy HB User

My body fat is around 18-19%. Since this was last posted i now go to the gym 6 times a week splitting weights with cardio over the days and also walking the dog for 30 mins everyday. My diet has completely changed and i've cut carbs out such as bread & pasta only thing with the highest carbs is porridge every morning. I Only drink water and at least 45-50% of my daily food is protein followed by fats. I have 5-6 small meals to keep my metabolism up.

Last edited by Broughy; 06-29-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: remove quote of deleted spam post

Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings as the years roll by some people damage their heart valves with weight lifting.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
    Broughy
    (male)

Broughy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjb View Post
    Greetings as the years roll by some people damage their heart valves with weight lifting.
    I heard about that and can damage other muscles etc. But even doing cardio can cause heart problems. My feeling is i would rather work out and try and be super healthy than sitting on my backside eating and sleeping all day.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lose weight fat fitness health