It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• What Is A "Healthy" Snack with Coffee?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
    Imacarbuff
    (male)

Imacarbuff HB User
    What Is A "Healthy" Snack with Coffee?

For years and years I have been having a nice slab of something like cinnamon coffee cake (or a wonderful tasting donut from our local bakery) with my coffee. Now, as I have gotten older and my health concerns have increased-I'm looking for something more healthy.

I know what healthy snacks are-and I have them all the time. But-what can one have with coffee ( and I have switched to an organic brand since coffee beans are some of the most sprayed plants there are)? Somehow, an apple just doesn't work.

I'm not concerned so much with calories as I am with finding something that taste pretty good but is not loaded with sugar. Also, I do not consume fake sugars-so the low fat "zero sugar" cakes won't work either.

Thanks-I've solved all my snack planning but what to have with coffee.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
    earthinglover
    (male)

earthinglover HB User
    Re: What Is A "Healthy" Snack with Coffee?

Have you tried organic protein bars, or just protein bars in general. I personally like the Powerbar Harvest Energy bars, which come in chocolate flavours, which is always a good combo with coffee

Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
    Imacarbuff
    (male)

Imacarbuff HB User
    Re: What Is A "Healthy" Snack with Coffee?

I have not-in fact, I'm pretty sure I have never eaten a protein bar in my life. I will have to check them out. Perhaps there would be one that would taste similar to cinnamon coffee cake!
    Thanks for that suggestion.......I'm in an all out quest to find not only a more healthy diet- but one that I can come close to enjoying.

My hope is to replace all of the "poor-choices" of food that I have been making with much healthier ones- then dump the statins before they kill me or disable me. I just don't know how many times you can come back from damage caused by statins.
    Thanks again for your response.

Closed Thread