It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Vitamins and Minerals

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
    curiousmednerd
    (female)

curiousmednerd HB User
    Vitamins and Minerals

I'm trying to supplement my diet with vitamins and minerals that I know I am in need of. I've found a couple different web sites that show what people need based on sex/age/weight, but I know that we need different proteins and amino acids at different points in the day. Does any one know where I can go to get this kind of information? I have a base line, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall with my research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: Vitamins and Minerals

Unless your a super athlete a daily multi-vitamin tablet should be more than enough for your needs.

Real food is always better than supplements.

Best of luck...

The Following User Says Thank You to movielover40 For This Useful Post:
    malaybhalodiya (11-23-2013)
    Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by curiousmednerd View Post
    I'm trying to supplement my diet with vitamins and minerals that I know I am in need of. I've found a couple different web sites that show what people need based on sex/age/weight, but I know that we need different proteins and amino acids at different points in the day. Does any one know where I can go to get this kind of information? I have a base line, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall with my research.
    Excuse me, but how do you know you need supplements? Have you done any test for vitamin deficiencies?

Last edited by pendulum; 12-13-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
    captjane
    Inactive
    (female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

[QUOTE=curiousmednerd;5241624]I'm trying to supplement my diet with vitamins and minerals that I know I am in need of./QUOTE]

if you eat a good quality varied diet, and don't have any conditions that would reduce their absorption then you really shouldn't need to supplemement very much. How do you know you are in need of certain vitamins and minerals?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

My twice yearly labs include these values for vitamins and such;thus, I know what I am deficient in and can supplement accordingly

Tess

Old 03-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
    Penguinboy55
    (male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

Taking one multi vitamin tablet a day would be enough. Although I'd you have a certain vitamin deficency you should take a tablet just for that vitamin until your levels are back to normal.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 AM   #7
    taz12
    (male)

taz12 HB User

Try reading the book "Perfect Health Diet", says a lot about balance of nutrients.

Closed Thread

Tags
    minerals, nutrition and diet, vitamins