It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• What happened when I gave up ramen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
    Ghoolsby
    (male)

Ghoolsby HB User
    What happened when I gave up ramen

I was having trouble walking and found myself exhausted after even half a block. There was limited movement and pain in the front of my legs. After googling the symptoms, I found that I had too much sodium in my diet. After I gave up the salt packs in ramen and cut back on soy sauce and picked up drinking green tea and took fish oil tablets, the problem went away totally and fast, too!

I was told years ago by a doctor as a kid when I first went on diets that if I just gave up table salt, I'd be okay with the sodium. I'd get enough of what my body needs in processed foods. This was advice from the 70s, mind you, but I never thought much about sodium until recently though I tried to be careful about soy sauce, which I enjoy. Now I'm wondering how much of my weight problems are caused by calories and how much are caused by sodium.

One interesting development is that since lowering my sodium intake, my stools are much firmer. Much firmer. Like, these are the first actual turds I've seen in a long time. What's up with that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread