It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Is it normal to have low energy on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
    Crazy 8s
    (male)

Crazy 8s HB User
    Is it normal to have low energy on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet?

Iíve been having lots of bloating and cramping in my digestive tract, so after finally saying enough is enough, I decided to try the SCD. Iíve been on it for a very short period of time, only two days now, and I do notice some improvement in my symptoms. On the down side, Iíve been feeling fatigued.

I was just wondering, as I am a very active person, is my body going to be able to get enough energy from this diet? What foods should I be eating to maximize my energy while remaining SCD?

Side Note: I was on Nexium for quite some time which I now think caused all this gas, cramping and bloating. Weíll have to see, Iíve been Nexium free for two days now as well.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
    pisces320
    (female)

pisces320 HB User
    Re: Is it normal to have low energy on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet?

In case you're still feeling fatigued and haven't figured out the "fix" yet... maybe try adding more healthy fats? Depending on what you were eating prior to SCD you may have significantly reduced the amount of grain based carbs and sugars that your body previously used for energy. Fats are a great source of energy and I found that when I went paleo with my diet, I needed to add more fats like full fat coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oils and nuts like cashews, walnuts and macedemias and I felt much more energy.

Closed Thread