It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Dieting - Nausea Causes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
    ker08
    (female)

ker08 HB User
    Dieting - Nausea Causes?

Curious if anyone else has experienced nausea after beginning a diet. I've now been on my diet, fairly successfully for the past 3 weeks, but the longer I am, the more nauseous I become it seems. I am not doing any kind of crash diet, I didn't cut out anything completely, and I am definitely not pregnant.

The only changes were to try to eat <1330 calories/day. Mainly I cut out things like bread/pasta, and replaced them with vegetables.

It seems to be worse in the morning and then before lunch/dinner. Last night wasn't fun. I get like hot flashes/sweaty in the mid-afternoon too, around 3-5.

My only known health issue is that I have hypothyroidism. From my past blood tests my sugar, etc was fine, though my triglycerides/cholesterol was high.

Stats,

27 yr old, female
    5' 3.5"
    163 lbs

Last edited by ker08; 02-17-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
    jonas123
    (male)

jonas123 HB User
    Re: Dieting - Nausea Causes?

Whenever I eat raw yellow summer squash, I feel like I am going to vomit (literally). Of course different people can respond differently to different foods. For example, my maternal grandfather said that he can't stand eating cooked spinach, but is fine with raw spinach. I, on the other hand, find that I do not enjoy eating raw spinach as much as I do cooked. For myself, I have also found that I hate consuming raw potatoes blended, but am more tolerant of them when they are raw and not blended.

It sounds like you are eating a lot of vegetables (?). Do you eat them raw, or do you steam or cook them?

Old 03-01-2014, 04:59 AM   #3
    Penguinboy55
    (male)

Penguinboy55 HB User
    Re: Dieting - Nausea Causes?

I got nausea after I stopped eating fast food, it lasted for 3 days and them went away on its own.

Closed Thread