It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Can't Eat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
    mewcamaro
    (female)

mewcamaro HB User
    Can't Eat

Hello I have a very poor diet. I do not eat meat and I am a picky eater. Lately I can't even eat the foods I like. When I put in my mouth I feel sick to my stomache sometimes even gagging, I have to wash the food down. I don't know why....these are foods I used to love like pizza, pasta, eggs and more. I am 58 and when I was younger my diet was still vegeterian but I was able to eat, now everything just makes me nausious.....anyone else have problem like this?

Thanks Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
    lifesgood2
    (female)

lifesgood2 HB User
    Re: Can't Eat

I went through something similar about a year ago when I developed depression/anxiety. I developed stomach issues. I could no longer enjoy the foods I enjoyed before, much less able to eat three times a day. I felt nausea while eating, gagging etc. I started losing weight at an alarming level, even though my doctor could find no physical reason for doing so. I even tried pot but outside of one time when I got the munchies, I wasn't able to stimulate my appetite this way.

What helped for me was enlisting friends to help me eat. I confided in a few friends, and every now and then, someone would come eat with me, at my home or out. I've also adapted and learned how to eat efficiently. I force myself every morning to eat oatmeal... and then keep plenty of fruits and salads handy to eat at random and whenever I remember. Trader Joe (a supermarket chain) has become my friend with their ready to eat nutritious meals.

I also have a friend who comes over and helps me prepare vegetable dishes, which I package and store in the freezer. Even though I know it's not healthy, I now eat in front of the tv while I watch something that takes away my attention from the food. Getting help for my depression/anxiety has helped some too.

Good luck to you too

Last edited by lifesgood2; 05-17-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Run off sentence

Old 05-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
    mewcamaro
    (female)

mewcamaro HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lifesgood2 View Post
    I went through something similar about a year ago when I developed depression/anxiety. I developed stomach issues. I could no longer enjoy the foods I enjoyed before, much less able to eat three times a day. I felt nausea while eating, gagging etc. I started losing weight at an alarming level, even though my doctor could find no physical reason for doing so. I even tried pot but outside of one time when I got the munchies, I wasn't able to stimulate my appetite this way.

What helped for me was enlisting friends to help me eat. I confided in a few friends, and every now and then, someone would come eat with me, at my home or out. I've also adapted and learned how to eat efficiently. I force myself every morning to eat oatmeal... and then keep plenty of fruits and salads handy to eat at random and whenever I remember. Trader Joe (a supermarket chain) has become my friend with their ready to eat nutritious meals.

I also have a friend who comes over and helps me prepare vegetable dishes, which I package and store in the freezer. Even though I know it's not healthy, I now eat in front of the tv while I watch something that takes away my attention from the food. Getting help for my depression/anxiety has helped some too.

Good luck to you too

Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
    mewcamaro
    (female)

mewcamaro HB User

Thanks for the reply lifesgood2......what you went through sounds very similar to my problem. I do have depression diagnosed about 5 years ago when I had 3 back surgeries including a fusion that failed.

I just wish I could eat like other people can, but it physically makes me sick. Food is one of lifes best enjoyments and I can't enjoy. People are amazed when I say oh I never ate a cheeseburger or a good steak.

Good luck to you its seems you are on the right track now

Closed Thread