HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   diet tips needed acid reflux (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/diet-nutrition/981786-diet-tips-needed-acid-reflux.html)

elsajo 05-22-2014 12:41 AM

diet tips needed acid reflux

i need to try a 80% alkaline 20% acid diet it has to be balanced dont know where to start

mschrief 05-22-2014 12:53 PM

Re: diet tips needed acid reflux

I am 58 and have horrible acid reflux (GERD). I've drastically changed how and when I eat.

I quit eating dinner. Nothing, or extremely (tastes) little after I get home from work, 5pm.

I cut out iced tea and now mainly drink water. I allow myself one diet beverage a day at 10am. I eat small portions of what I want. Some things I just can't eat, or if I do eat them I prepare for acid reflux, like potato chips, mexican food, etc.

I have had only two episodes at night for the last three weeks. I've lost about 20 pounds and feel this is working for me.

elsajo 05-24-2014 07:11 AM

yes i agree timing meals is important and water thankyou

solofelix 05-24-2014 10:56 AM

Hi,

Look up Acid/Alkaline diets online and pick out the things you like.
Don't eat three hours before bedtime,

Solofelix.

elsajo 08-31-2014 05:30 AM

thankyou yes i drastically changing my diet when i can coz i struggle to eat anything at times i doing lots of home cooking it has improved a bit

ronbn49 11-07-2014 10:42 AM

Few realize that it is not to much acid that is the problem but to little. Nest time you feel like you have to much acid take a spoon of apple cider vinegar mix it with some water and drink it, if it helps then you have to little acid. It might be hard to understand this so here is what happens. What you eat is not sterile and when you eat you ingest pathogens bacteria,parasites etc. The strong stomach acids kill those pathogens, when the acid is weak bacterial invasion occurs in the stomach creating bubbles and the feeling of over acidity when those bubbles go past the valve designed to keep the acid off the throat tube. One of the main causes of disease is poor digestion and it all starts with proper stomach acid. The purple pill relives pain at that moment but causes you to have to keep taking the pill creating an even worse problem. Gradually start adding HCL to your meals while slowly eliminating the medication or try adding apple cider vinegar about a half an hour before eating. Read up on it, find the truth.

rainbowsrock 11-07-2014 01:39 PM

But does ACV rot your teeth?

Lemon also becomes alkaline in the body

axl700 11-07-2014 03:41 PM

Try a selective carb diet. Certain carbs can trigger reflux.

ronbn49 11-08-2014 07:19 AM

No, take it diluted with water.

ronbn49 11-08-2014 08:07 AM

For the best diet results invest in a juicer, vitamix, or nutribullet to extract nutrients out of whole fruits and veggies.This will show improvement very quickly, if you use it once or twice daily. Use fresh fruit and vegetables, organic if you can get it.