It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• green tea is amazing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
    OhNikkie
    (male)

OhNikkie HB User
    green tea is amazing

Gosh!!! I tell you, I so rocked the gym today I ran for 70minute non-stop, I was with my 5 friends - who are all 25+ I'm 18 - they all ran for 20minute except one of my friend (26) she ran along with me, she always runs. She couldn't believe it that I ran with her soo long/far and I didn't even stop, BANG!!!! I aint even tired but we had to stop. Now let me tell you, I usually run for 30 minutes I started green tea 3 days ago. I usually drink it after I exercise but today I drank before (5minute earlier) BANG!!! This thing called green tea is amazing its has given me amazing energy!! I encourage everyone who gets tired easily to drink green tea

Last edited by mod85; 06-28-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: green tea is amazing

The only way I can see that it would give you extra energy is if it contained sugar. Otherwise, maybe it was just the fact that it was keeping you properly hydrated. Staying hydrated is very important when exercising.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
    esker
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Green tea contains caffeine.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
    Ryan74
    (male)

Ryan74 HB User

There tons of health benefits that we can get from drinking green tea. It decrease tumor growth, weight loss, reduce heart diseases and so much more.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
    CheriBerry
    (female)

CheriBerry HB User
    Smile Re: green tea is amazing

I will trying it now to lose weight, what brand of green tea you guys suggest is best?

Old 07-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
    davitude
    (male)

davitude HB User

@CheriBerry

Buy a standardized extract from an established brand if you're getting a supplement in order to make sure the quality control is in place. Some extracts have the caffeine removed, and that would be your call.

The green tea supplement I take and really like is an energy formula that happens to be caffeine free called Ginsana Energy (new formula). What I like about it is that you get a small but immediate boost of energy from the green tea extract, and over time the (Siberian) ginseng kicks in to improve endurance by a different mechanism. The nice thing about tonic-style supplements like ginseng is that they keep working over time, whereas most energy supplements get less effective with continued use.

I also like the prepared Nestea Green Teas. You can get regular bags with or wthout caffeine in the coffee/tea section in most grocery stores as well.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
    Melanie465
    (female)

Melanie465 HB User

I love green tea too! I green tea too! I drink varieties with caffiene in the morning and without throughout the day. I love the citrus green tea. I find a warm mug of citrus green tea at night to be very relaxing.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
    ben9XZ
    (male)

ben9XZ HB User

I switched from coffee in the mornings to green tea, and I love it!

Old 04-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #9
    blackbeanmike
    (male)

blackbeanmike HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CheriBerry View Post
    I will trying it now to lose weight, what brand of green tea you guys suggest is best?
    I wouldn't say green tea is on its own good for losing weight... its just tea. A small amount of flavor with caffeine in it. But if you are using green tea to replace something else, such as soda, then it would work.

My favorite green tea is tazo zen green tea. It is green tea with a hint of lemon grass. It is fantastic, I really love it. Alternatively, if you live near a tea store, test out some of their likely many options for loose leaf green teas. That is always fun to do as there are many options out there.

Do NOT use boiling water when making green tea. The delicate leaves will become nasty (bitter tasting), which is what happens to many people when they first start making green tea... water a bit hotter than comfortable drinking temp is what I use.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 AM   #10
    Supergirl123
    (female)

Supergirl123 HB User

green tea is amazing for body management and weight loss, but don't cross the limit of 4-5 cups everyday. Green tea is harmful if you exceed 5 cups in a day.

Last edited by Supergirl123; 07-21-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Closed Thread