It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Diet for keeping immune system up

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
    (male)

2639 HB User
    Diet for keeping immune system up

I pride myself on being prepared, so I was wondering where I could find some good foods or nutrients that would help me keep my immune system up and avoid getting sick.

What vitamins would be healthy?

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Diet for keeping immune system up

Hi,

I hope you are getting your flu shot.

If you want a stronger immune system then take probiotics, taken daily they support a healthy digestive and immune system...

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
    ronbn49
    (male)

ronbn49 HB User

So many place so much on vitamins that can not work if you are mineral deficient. To improve immunity one needs to address the gut since that is where 80% of immune function comes from. The body can not be healthy if the gut is not healthy. The gut must be able to rid the body of toxins and cleanse the blood and cells. Proper ratios of bacteria are needed. Good bacteria 85% bad 15% is needed. Those that have chronic disease such as arthritis are 15% good and 85% bad. It is important to take things like bentonite and load the body with 250 billion units of probiotics until perfect colon health and function is achieved. Then and only then will you have maximum immune function. For most people it will take a couple of years to achieve that goal.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

I think home made milk kefir is invaluable

Old 11-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
    angie00001
    (female)

angie00001 HB User

Did you try Hoodia elements?
    It can help you a lot, trust me. All those who went through it said so.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
    68GTX
    (male)

68GTX HB User

The same foods that fight the common diseases are pretty much the same ones for a good immune system. The key is a healthy diet with maximizing vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, fiber, etc. I'm a believer that additional supplementation in a multi-vitamin is needed because even our best whole foods tend to be a lot less nutritious than they were 50 years ago. Vitamin D3 tends to be overlooked by many in immunity. Ensure you're getting adequate D3 by checking your levels at least annually. If you don't get peak sunshine several times per week or take a D3 supplement you're probably deficient from an immunity stand point. I agree with the probiotics too.

Getting sugar, processed grains, chemicals/preservatives, toxins, and other junk out of your gut is a good starting point. The DASH diet for fighting heart disease is one example. I got rid of all processed grains and now basically eat quinoa, raw oats, and "spaghetti" squash instead of pasta and bread. I reduced my meat intake a lot and replaced that with beans and brown rice/quinoa. I also eat more salmon and eggs now. Green tea has become my drink of choice for meals and between them. No OJ or other sugary based drinks - unless they are fresh squeezed. I'd rather eat an orange than drink OJ.

I don't believe in flu shots either (unless you're older and/or frail) and rely on a good immune system instead. If you're unhealthy then I guess a flu shot makes sense. I've not been sick a day since I changed my diet 6 years ago. Before that I was sick multiple times each year with 1 or 2 bouts of bronchitis too. My only regret was that it took me 45 years to figure out that what you eat is what you are....despite outward appearances.

Last edited by 68GTX; 11-21-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Closed Thread