It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Mom needs to gain weight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
    nandipha
    (female)

nandipha HB User
    Mom needs to gain weight

My mother is a 77 years old and needs to gain weight. She recent spent time in hospital due to low sugar levels as well as irregular heart beats. She has lost a lot of weight during this period. How can she gain the weight again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Weight gain

Hi there are many great weight gain nutritional drinks and shakes that are designed to pack on the calories. However, many have too much added sugar and since your mother has blood glucose problems, it would be important that you find one low in sugar...

Old 10-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Mom needs to gain weight

Hi nandipha,

Welcome to HealthBoards.

Sometimes I think it is harder to put weight on than to get rid of it, not everyone will agree with me.
    I fit in the same category as your mum though mine isn't due to ill health. At 5ft 3in I weigh just 46kg and eat extremely well (just cant put it on)...
    If I was you I would speak to your Health Worker or Dr about your mum seeing a dietician especially as she has a low sugar problem.
    She would be able to advice you of the correct foods to add weight without upsetting her sugar levels.
    Hope this helps and good luck,

Solofelix.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #4
    giamegan
    (female)

giamegan HB User
    Re: Mom needs to gain weight

my mom recently increased her weight by the use of boiled potatoes in different recipes, like as in snacking, meals and other recipes. she used that in salads and in the sand witches also, i think this may give you a an idea.

Closed Thread