It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Need Serious Help with Diet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
    Mommyof1girl
    (female)

Mommyof1girl HB User
    Need Serious Help with Diet

I'm 34 years old and I need serious help with my diet. I eat terrible mostly because I cannot cook, seriously I can't but I'm willing to try easy, simple, healthy meals. I'm a single low income mommy on the go a lot. I don't even know how to eat right like how much of what etc

Does anyone have suggestions? My triglycerides are really high and my good cholesterol is really low.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-09-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
    JohnS910
    (male)

JohnS910 HB User
    Re: Need Serious Help with Diet

You should look into intermittent fasting, it has helped me drop a serious amount of bodyfat.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

Ask your Dr to refer you to a Dietition.
    A dietition is not just someone who will help you lose weight but one that will advice you what foods are most beneficial to you and your health and how to obtain a healthy weight.
    Many book shops and your local library will have recipe books that will guide you through simple steps to make simple meals even children can make easy meals,

Solofelix.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
    MikeSanchez2323
    (male)

MikeSanchez2323 HB User

Take some time and search the internet. There are some great resources for family friendly, and cost effective recipes everyone can cook! I am not a cook either, but the more I have gotten in there, the better I have gotten.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
    dove062476
    (female)

dove062476 HB User

try paleo or raw. Pretty simple. Doesn't cost too much. you will actually be buying less. youll be using the oven more than anything, that's pretty simple. With the raw diet you can eat as much as you want when you want. You can also do a 75% raw diet. Which is what I like. Raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and baked protiens. So easy.

I forgot to add that kids like raw vegies more than cooked or canned because they are sweeter. Then of course add the ever so favorite ranch dressing.

Also, raw fruit and vegies aren't just salads. Do a search for raw food recipes.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-23-2015 at 02:56 AM.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
    cw468
    (female)

cw468 HB User

I am 34 too and am a little overweight because I can’t cook either. However, my husband cooks great meals, I mean yummy meals, and I eat a lot of it because it is so good. He is the best cook ever in my opinion. I couldn’t cook to save my life, lol.
    The only suggestion I have for you is to buy a healthy food recipe book and learn to cook healthy food from that. That is the only thing I can think of. Hope it helps a little at least!

Old 03-07-2015, 10:50 PM   #7
    KickinIt23
    (female)

KickinIt23 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mommyof1girl View Post
    I'm 34 years old and I need serious help with my diet. I eat terrible mostly because I cannot cook, seriously I can't but I'm willing to try easy, simple, healthy meals. I'm a single low income mommy on the go a lot. I don't even know how to eat right like how much of what etc

Does anyone have suggestions? My triglycerides are really high and my good cholesterol is really low.
    There doesn't have to be much cooking involved in eating healthy. For breakfeast eggs and toast is pretty good. For drinks you can do fruits juices, not soda or alcohol. For snacks fruits, small amounts of nuts, and salads are good.
    Good luck!

Last edited by mod85; 03-08-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Closed Thread