It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• new to Kefir

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
    Barlem
    (female)

Barlem HB User
    new to Kefir

I recently heard about Kefir from a new acquaintance. She is in her 70's healthy and vibrant and has not been to a doctor for many years since she started using the Kefir. As for her preference of Kefir, she recommends getting a starter or starting one yourself. It is suppose to have a bad odor and she keeps it in her refrigerator in a dark glass covered container. Does NOT recommend the store bought product. I told her of my daughters many health problems and she said try Kefir. I don't go to doctors myself because my daughters health problems were related to pharmaceutical products. She has Congestive Heart Failure, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Neuropathy, Cataracts, Diabetes and living under the threat of losing her feet. She lives in California and I want to do what I can to get her started on this process.

Anyone who has experience with Kefir please tell me your story.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
    RABG
    (female)

RABG HB User
    Re: new to Kefir

Hello, one of my doctors requested that I drink kefir as it has a high protein content. I have never tried to make it myself nor would I. It is available in the supermarket next to the yogurt products. It comes in several fruit flavors, peach, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry. Those are what my market carries. It comes in a quart bottle and must be shaken vigorously before you drink it. It tastes very much like strong yogurt and is thick. I will admit that I didn't like it but drank it non the less.
    You can make your own yogurt so I imagine you can make kefir as well. That part about smelling bad concerns me. I would research it and see if it is something you want to try.
    Good luck with it

Old 12-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: new to Kefir

I drink store bought kefir regularly and see no problem with using this simpler method, unless you actually want to make it yourself. Kefir is a great probiotic and, to me, delicious. No bad taste whatsoever.

Tess

Closed Thread