It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Warfarin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
    Ralph Streeter
    (male)

Ralph Streeter HB User
    Warfarin

I have been on warfarin for 3 months and my clotting level is all over the board, 1 to the latest 6.7, I have researched web sites and have found inconsistences in what foods are low in vitamin k. Does any one know a sensible site that gives a good diet for vegetables, I so miss my spinach and broccoli some say it's ok in moderation others say no to these foods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Warfarin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ralph Streeter View Post
    I have been on warfarin for 3 months and my clotting level is all over the board, 1 to the latest 6.7
    I am also on warfarin, 3mg per day. My INR runs from 2.1 to 4.2 I want to keep it around 3.0

Quote:
    I so miss my spinach and broccoli some say it's ok in moderation others say no to these foods.
    I also avoid spinach because of it's high Vit K.

I eat six, small ovo-vegetarian meals per day for a total calorie load of around 1100 calories; which includes about four cups of broccoli and three cups of green beans in total.

My diet has undergone many changes in the past. I used to eat a lot of spinach. A warning sign, for me, that I've consumed too much Vit K is that I will get red blotches on my arms, which is bleeding under the skin. In that case, I backed off the spinach, or the amount of green leafy veggies. I haven't had bleeding under the skin on my arms, in a long time, so I guess I am doing something right with my diet and warfarin.

Good luck and health!

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread